Redmi by Xiaomi

Redmi by Xiaomi

Xiaomi Mobile phones in Zimbabwe

Open
HomeGeneral

Government Launches Investigation Into "Illegal" House Demolitions In Harare

4 months agoWed, 13 Nov 2024 14:37:50 GMT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedIn
Government Launches Investigation Into "Illegal" House Demolitions In Harare

Justice Minister Ziyambi Ziyambi on Tuesday said that the government is investigating the recent demolitions of houses in Harare carried out by the opposition-dominated City Council without a court order.

This comes after members of parliament questioned the reasons behind the demolitions. Ziyambi said that the government was not involved, adding that no court order had been issued for the demolitions. He said:

In fact, in this particular case, it is the Municipality of Harare that demolished the houses without a court order.

Everything that the honourable member has said falls squarely into the hands of the city authorities.

They are the ones that have been allowing the buildings to be built. They are the ones that have demolished, you can go and check, they were demolished without even a court order and we have also requested that this be investigated.

Click here: Pindula WhatsApp Channel
wa.me/channel/0029Vb4GVea90x2nCSDImS1b

 

Ziyambi also concurred with fellow legislators that authorities should prevent the illegal construction of houses and not wait until the houses have been completed to effect demolitions. He said:

I agree with you. Why wait until a house has been built and then you send bulldozers to destroy it? Some of the houses were beautiful structures and it is not even fair to those people.

So, I believe it is a point of national interest but it is a point that our local authorities largely controlled by the opposition, must also have a humane face and be able to articulate some of these issues from a human rights perspective.

On Wednesday, November 13, the City of Harare said that it had intervened to stop illegal land allocations by land barons in the Belvedere area, specifically in Ridgeview, where unauthorised developments had been taking place.

In a statement, the City confirmed that the land in question is legally owned by the local authority and is designated for residential use.

Approved for development in 2002, the area contains 52 unserviced residential stands, with valuations completed by the Council in 2021.

The city council said that despite the land being unserviced—lacking basic infrastructure such as water, sewer systems, roads, and drainage—a company called Brickstone Builders and Contractors illegally occupied 15 of these stands and began constructing structures.

In 2022, the City of Harare met with Brickstone Builders to inform them that they needed to follow proper procedures to acquire Council land. However, by July 2023, illegal construction had resumed, posing health risks to the surrounding community.

Brickstone Builders claimed to have received a land allocation letter from the Ministry of Local Government, but the Ministry later disowned the document, confirming it was fraudulent.

Despite receiving 48-hour notices from the Council to halt construction, the company obtained a court interdict based on the fake letter, which prohibited further development.

However, when Brickstone Builders ignored the court order and continued building, the City of Harare took action and demolished 30 of the illegal structures.

According to the council, the remaining three structures, covered by the interdict, will be addressed through further legal action.

More: Pindula News

Tags

60 Comments

Anonymous · 4 months ago
ZZ knows exactly who the land barons are and so there's no need for speculation, all so-called illegal land allocations and buildings are ZANU PF sanctioned......
dean · 4 months ago
ko news hakuna here nhasi
x · 4 months ago
kuno kuMabelreign Haig park kune vakatoisa macabin varikunzi maland barons from Mash west hakuna arikuzvibvu nza munhu 1 arikunzi ndiye muridzi we magreenways ese ... iye zvino mumacabin murikugara mapositori anetuvana hobho hatizivi kt toilet nekunaya uku vari kumboshandisei gore RINO tinoita cholera .
Anonymous · 4 months ago
This is circus,pure circus. Whoever is behind allocation of this area must be held accountable if he fraudlently did it. Simple.
zig · 4 months ago
land barons are protected always why no names appears ityai mwari
shurushuru · 4 months ago
muchinda uyu ibofu here? literally
🌄🧱🍓🎊💞🍒🏆🍑🌽🍕👙 · 4 months ago
cooperatives were banned long back because people lose money and at the end there was no development the remaining people are developers who buy the land from council and develop it it first before selling to the people.they start with roads,water and sewer system and the other is optional building houses after all they will put you back to the country for to continue receiving services.they must introduce a system that no cooperatives, developers must address people or sell Land, houses at their premises.they must rent a place/office at the councils premises were people will do their payments until their tenure is over.
👀👀 · 4 months ago
l listened to mnangagwas' speech ,he was saying mukangoita chivake vake isuwo tongoita chiputse putse,,
👀👀 · 4 months ago
dzimba muma towns hadzifanire kumera kunge hohwa ,they need to be planned,
👀👀 · 4 months ago
pipo should be educated about how it goes ukatenga stand,they are certain stages you have to thru even before builing,unopohwa ownership nema title deeds,plan yako chaiyo hauvake isina kuonekwa ku kanzuru,inspector wekanzuru anouya achiona each stage uchivaka yopasisswa usati waenda pane imwe stage,box rangu Ini rakafoira ndobva ndamboda kuita zvechiokomuhomwe kt riitwe pass thru bt that inspector told me why l should demolish it start over,plumbing chaiyo nekuchubhwa kwemagetsi all that is inspeted,so ukaona waakungonongedzerwa kt apo ,wotongotora mabhiridha epasi pemuti wotovaka ,no water or ,sewer system,wega haugaye,dai ndakangoti bhwayi ndakarohwa 5000 na Mabamba but pandakangoona ndaratidzwa stand nechigunwe ndakabva ndaziva kt ndinonyura,yes we are land hungry but ngationewo,coz land iri fully prepared the council even grade the roads,before builing you must have inaf papers and documents,vouya vega vekanzuru voisa hoko then you follow the procedure
Corruptmore Looto · 4 months ago
No to lawlessness order must prevail at every stage of the process. No one should be allowed to settle in a place without roads, sewer and water system. Just follow the f@ucking rules.
Saddum · 4 months ago
The real truth is that,these council officials authorising these demolitions is that,by the time the land was officially allocated to these innocent Zimbabweans,they themselves were not in power or in office and they failed to manage to pay for the acquisition,bt as of now they become jealous and they start demolishing houses without a court order because they have oath of office now and against the ruling party but they are failing to understand that for them to be what and how they are or how they become to be today its some of those inhabitants whom they are now disadvantaging so who is going to compensate and restore them for the losses incurred,imagine those houses were fully inspected stage by stage by the council authorities and were approved but as of now they are saying on the illegality of the settlers cz by the land was sold they failed to get anything as they were struggling to get liquid,bt it's very bad therefore who are they sabotaging and what have they benefited therefore government should take a corrective to clear off this unscrupulous activity,they should be removed from the office that's being incompetency,no human at heart imagine this rainy season,where would they expect those affected people to shelter.bt zvemuno munyika so kudhonzerana bt at last no development.
Anonymous · 4 months ago
Not approved at any stage my boss and worse the plans themselves were never submitted to council for approval and that is true for all the settlements where there is talk of regularization in the future, these houses are just built as rural houses
Point · 4 months ago
VaSaddum musataure zve kwamusina kuswera. There was no Coumcil approval at any stage whatsoever. If it was there it should have been mentioned and there is no ways Council would have demolished the structures,coz they would be sued.
Saddum · 4 months ago
I am saying this because I am one of the affected inhabitants of that ridgeview area,I have all the approved necessary documents by the council,uchaona kuti izvozvi handy vakaputsa dzimba,the next thing is that they are going to allocate themselves or take the loot for their benefit bt tinosvitsana kure manje just wait and see
Tambaoga · 4 months ago
i agree with you PaChitungwiza paZvido bhawa paiva netumwe tumashop twakanaka twakatenderera bhawa tukapaziwa hanzi ma illegal structure pasina gore was suprised pakatovakwa similar structures painzi hapabvumirwe.hutsinye chete.zvawakwa neumwe it illegal bt zvawavaka it legal.
Ediots · 4 months ago
xiyamb law inotomuvharawo too bad uyo. ndimavetera kumatrousers uko
... · 4 months ago
Anorova Mbanje heavy, hona smile yacho yemunhu who is feeling Irieee
Gora · 4 months ago
Harare city council ndeye opposition ANOVA chabangu, mafume , ncube, Kore ne zanupf. Chamisa akasiya ccc kare. ngavamu
LTM · 4 months ago
hanzi opposition ndiyo inotonga council hahaha 😆😂🤣 apa council yacho ndeye ccc yezanu pf yakasiiwa nachamisa iya ikatorwa na shabangu uyo anonwa tea namunangagwa ....uye ukaenda kumusangano vezanu vanoti takatora ccc tikaiparadza wobva watoshaya kutii saka zviri kufambofamba sey chaizvo
Hwesa · 4 months ago
But who is the boss? Under which party?
Anonymous · 4 months ago
The reason why people are now so vulnerable and taking these type of chances is because the City council is not developing any stands, it has not done this in decades. The government or the land authority has done nothing either. The council is sitting on a waiting list that has not been attended to in decades, imagine someone waiting for 20 years for a stand. Why is the Government letting people parading themselves as cooperatives continue operating as such when a long time ago they announced that cooperatives are no longer mandated to operate as such. Why is the government or council not harnessing this desire for housing stands and manage it within a legal frame work , people have the money to assist government to develop stands, cooperatives or developers are not needed here.
Anonymous · 4 months ago
Government should just float tenders the same way they are doing with highways and the winner would do the roads, water reticulation and sewerage, when they are ready they should then service the waiting list on a first come first serve or maybe with the condition of the ability to pay for development cost being activated
...,. · 4 months ago
they should also investigate the person who said the city council led by the opposition was demolishing houses to tarnish the government in the eyes of those coming into the country for the SADC summit.
jivaschihwehwete@gmail.com · 4 months ago
Let there be order, the lawlessness has killed the country.
Zinja · 4 months ago
Well said. How can a full government defend law breakers. Harare yese yazara mablair toilet nazvo izvi
Maziso ayo ane mboni here ayo · 4 months ago
Anonymous · 4 months ago
It's called muramba****. Can you built a house in someone else's yard. It's municipality land.
Anonymous · 4 months ago
The same team must also investigate why Marry mubaiwa Chiwenga is denied treatment outside Zimbabwe for someone to be be chopped off hands and legs. Why would you also not access her better treatment that to chop off her body parts
Malema · 4 months ago
HCC get busy, hapadi kana court order apo.Tinosvika panoti munhu anouya ovakira imba yake paRobert Mugabe square or Copacabana, moti HCC inoda court order.Itai mushe imi.
Star · 4 months ago
Kutoisa taskforce yePolice, Army,CIO neZPCS kuti vabudise ma illegal settlers from your farms.
Kwachu kwachu · 4 months ago
Azviye, vamwe vari kudzingwa nekupazirwa dzimba mumapurazi akapuwa mahara vachinzi ma illegal settlers ko avo veRidgeview vanyanyo koshei apa.
🧸 · 4 months ago
Gvt to lunch invstgns about electricity daily cut off road and jobs for the jobless people as per promise
mudembare · 4 months ago
so the councils should allow despondency to prevail.is it now a banana republic???
tired cadre · 4 months ago
pic iro, akarara asi akunyemwerera, hope dzinenge dzichinaka asi wamuka panenge pasina chafamba. kurara chete
Native · 4 months ago
Makatipwanyirwa dzimba dzedu pamuramba**** nhasi zvayipa nekuti yave kanzuru yakuputsira vanhu venyuka. Evil Zanu pf.
Gogodera · 4 months ago
pamakaita muramba**** zvaikunak8dzai nhasi zvorwadza nekuti ndimi muri kutengesa mustangs zviri kunze kwemutemo Epworth makakirwe akaita anokodzera kuti vanhu vapihwe matitle deeds here tibvirei
𝙎𝙞𝙮𝙤𝙮𝙤 · 4 months ago
Vice President Costantino Chiwengas Ex wife passed away today.
heartman · 4 months ago
which one ane ma x akawanda kauyu
june · 4 months ago
panorwa mukono huswa ndohunotambudzika nekutsikwa tsikwa
Voltaire · 4 months ago
Let us call a spade a spade. Everyone knows that the land barons that parcel out illegal land are protected by Zanu Pf. What the honourable Minister is saying doesn't hold any water, don't be too quick to corner the City of Harare as if you don't know the ones that sold the land illegally
chaka · 4 months ago
ziso iro ririkuona here kana kiti rakadongorera
chatima chatima · 4 months ago
zvakaoma hazvo zvamunoita vanhu vezanu
Aluta · 4 months ago
Ko muramba**** haina kudonhedza dzakavakwa here vaZiyambi, zvichitotungamirwa nehurumende, zvaita zvittsva sei nhasi! Makanganwa kuti stress yakauraisa Chinx ndimi mamupazira imba atiwo ndawaka yangu, akazofa awe kurarama nemafufu segonzo.
Drew · 4 months ago
just go and ask Tshabangu crew n musasiye Jacob mafume
· 4 months ago
Hapana kana land baron apa, kuratidzana masimba chete. Hamuoni umwe ave kukurumidza kuisa tuPolitics mukati. Ivo vakapazihwa vacho kana vari pachokwadi ngavabudise ma names nyaya yavo iite weight, kwete kusweroti baron baron. Does it mean to say those court papers did not bear names.
...,. · 4 months ago
why should council have a court order to demolish if the proper procedure leading people to build was not followed? if someone comes to build a house in your yard would you need a court order to have it removed? the problem is the selective accommodation of land barons by government where government regularises for some land barons. It is as if the government has its own land barons of preference.
1
disgruntled citizen · 4 months ago
zvichabatsirei idzo dzimba dzakadonhedzwa kudhara 🚮
Minister of information · 4 months ago
Dambudziko rotangira pama land barron, sei vasingasungwe? Ndivanani,?simba ravo rinobvepi musati matanga tsvakurudzo zvibvunzei hamusimi here maisa mutemo parutivi wokusungwa kwevanopara mhaka zvisinei vana vani, makore mangani muchiti makubata maland barrons?. Ndati Ndivanani maland barrons I rest my case
That Guy · 4 months ago
and everyone knows kuti the land barons are zanu nxaaaaa don't insult our intelligence tumagirazi
Dambudzo · 4 months ago
Ndiri Dambudzo kuvanhu vose sezita rangu
Jonga · 4 months ago
Mr zanupf but imimi ndimi mune dzimba four Ed wani stend four Ed kubva tichaona muchisungana ikoko
Black-Scorpion · 4 months ago
mazino anogezwaa here ayo

Leave a Comment


Generate a Whatsapp Message

Buy Phones on Credit.

More Deals
Feedback