Alfred Nenguwo is a Zimbabwean musician. He sings afro-jazz music and has worked with artists such as Prince Kudakwashe Musarurwa. Alfred is one half of the award winning duo, Malimbah.
|Birth name||Alfred Nenguwo|
|Born||July 7, 1989|
|Associated acts||Prince Musarurwa|
Alfred Nenguwo was born on 7 July 1989 in Mutoko. He is engaged. His sister Mucha passed on in August 2015.
Alfred attended Chirorodzo Primary School from 1996 to 2002 before enrolling at Harare High School in 2003. After completing his ordinary level, he proceeded to Chikore High School in 2007.
Alfred singing in the school choir and later in the church choir before going professional in 2008. In 2008 he was part of the group Afro-Diverse and they released an album titled 4 Dimensions. When Afro-Dimensions disbanded, Alfred met female artist Milicent Muchati and together they formed the group Malimbah which is a combination of their names. Together they released an album titled African Sun in 2013 where they featured Prince Musarurwa on the title track. In 2014 he released a solo album titled Tirikwedu.
As part of the duo, Malimbah, Alfred was nominated in three categories but managed to win two of the categories they were nominated in at the 2014 edition of the Zimbabwe Music Awards.
- Winner: Best New Comer-Zimbabwe Music Awards 2014
- Winner: Best Duo/Group-Zimbabwe Music Awards 2014
- Nominee: Best Jazz Music-Zimbabwe Music Awards 2014
The album had tracks Ndomirira, Hande, Siya Vana, Tirikwedu and African Sun.
- Lalela EP
The EP had tracks; Lalela, Tarisa and Kana Zvorema.
- Ndagonawo (September 2015)
Today's Top Pindula News2018-07-15T13:59:08Z
- Facebook Status, Facebook, Published: August 22, 2015, Retrieved: September 3, 2015
- Winstone Antonio, Afro-jazz sensation born from Mbare, NewsDay, Published: July 11, 2015, Retrieved: September 3, 2015 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "NewsDay" defined multiple times with different content