Archford Gutu is a Zimbabwean international footballer who plays for Kalmar FF in Sweden. He is a talented midfielder who rose to prominence during his days with Dembare. He has also on several occasions featured for The Warriors.
August 5, 1993|
|Employer||Kalmar FF, Sweden|
|Known for||Playing for the Zimbabwe National Soccer Team|
Archford Gutu was born on 5 August 1993.
Gutu started his career in the local league at a young age but for a very short stint before moving to South African outfit, Ajax Capetown. His form took a dip in the South African League which saw him being released by Ajax at the end of the 2009 soccer season. He joined Dembare during the 2010 season where he enjoyed a very rich vein of form at the club playing alongside players such as Denver Mukamba who went on to become soccer star two seasons later. After an impressive stint with the Glamour Boys, he made a move to Kalmar FF but failed to impress at the club. He was then loaned to second-tier side Värnamo for a period of six months. With the arrival of a new coach at Kalmar, Gutu was then recalled for the preseason training.
Teams Played For
- 2009 - 2010- Ajax Cape Town
- 2010 - 2011 -Dynamos Football Club
- 2012 - 2014- Kalmar FF
- 2014 - IFK Värnamo.
- 2015 - Kalmar FF
Gutu was one of the players who were implicated in the controversial Asiagate Scandal in 2011. Together with other players accused of match-fixing, Gutu was given a temporary suspension by the Zimbabwe Football Association. They were eventually cleared of any wrong-doing after FIFA had intervened.
Romance with Bev
Gutu was rumoured to have been having an affair with dancer Bev. It was speculated that the pair spent the Christmas holidays together sometime in 2013 with Gutu frequenting Bev's place on several instances. Bev however denied the allegations saying that they were just friends.
Arrested for assaulting Motorist
In April 2016, Gutu and fellow football star, Method Mwanjali, was arrested for assaulting and stabbing a motorist in Harare during road rage fight. The case against them was that a car they were travelling almost collided with the vehicle of Tonderai Nhunzvi after which the two football players got out and assaulted Nhunzvi. Mwanjali stabbed Nhunzvi twice in the stomach. Nhunzvi was hospitalised and was said to be out of fatal danger. Mwanjali was charged with attempted Murder. 
Today's Top Pindula News2018-08-16T00:34:46Z
- , ARCHFORD GUTU,Transfer Market, Published: No date given, Retrieved:25 June 2015
- Eddie Chikamhi Dynamos sign Archford Gutu, The Herald, Published: October 30, 2010, Retrieved: August 5, 2013 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "herald" defined multiple times with different content
- Gutu on target, NewsDay, Published: January 27, 2015, Retrieved: August 5, 2015
- , Archford Gutu,Eurosport, Published: N date given, Retrieved:25 Jun 2015
- H-Metro, Nehanda Radio, Published: January 13, 2013, Retrieved: August 5, 2015
- Tendai Rupapa, No bail for Mwanjali , The Herald, Published:21 April 2016, Retrieved: 10 April 2016