Image Via Young Zimbabwe
Axcil Ramar Jefferies|
April 14, 1994
|Years active||2009 to Present|
|Known for||Winning the MSA scholarship and appointed as MSA Academy Driver|
|Parent(s)||Sahil Jeffries Father and Jolyn Jeffries Mother|
Axcil Jefferies is a Zimbabwean born Formula Two racing sensation based in the United Arab Emirates. Jefferies claim to fame was around 2009 when he became the first Zimbabwe to take part in Formula Two Racing where he became an instant hit following impressive performances.
He was born on the 14th of April 1994.
Jefferies attended Hellenic College before moving to Loughborough College where he completed an apprenticeship in advanced Sporting Excellence between 2010 and 2011. He furthered his studies with a degree in Sports Science & Performance, Business Administration.
In the year 2009, Jefferies wrote his own piece of history when he was selected by Bavaria Motor Works (BMW) for its Formula BMW Asia Pacific cadetship program. Although much of his career he has struggled to gather the much-needed funding to make it to Formula one, that has not stopped him from impressing everytime he takes to the racing field. In 2014, Jeffries went on to compete and managed to finish fourth despite having missed ten races and not practiced. One of his career highlights includes becoming the first Zimbabwean and only African to participate in the GP2 in Bahrain and managing eight top ten finishes in the 2012 season. Axcil is also a four-time karting champion.
He has been brand for the following companies, TOYOTA, CASTROL, BMW, PUMA, UVEX and AFRI HYPE.
Currently Jefferies is occupying the role of a Senior Race Driver Instructor at Yas Marina Circuit. Whilst carrying out his instructing, along with various events for the worlds leading car manufacturers, Axcil is planning to compete in the GP2 series once again in 2016.
- 2012 Award for Ten Outstanding Persons of Zimbabwe by JCI
- 2010 Winner of MSA Scholarship & Appointed as Academy Driver
- 2009 Winner of Formula BMW Scholarship
- 2009 Appointed as Childline Goodwill Ambassador
- 2006-2008 Appointed as Toyota Castrol Development Driver.
Jefferies is 7 time champion who has been on the podium 52 times, has 22 pole positions and 31 victories.
- Axcil is the only second African ever to compete in the FIA Formula Two championship.
- He is the Goodwill Ambassador for the charity Childline.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-03-22T23:07:57Z
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- Axcil Jefferies Axcil Jefferies, Axcil Jefferies Website, Published: No date given, Retrieved: July 21, 2015
- Zimbabwe’s Axcil Jefferies – Just One Step Away From Formula 1, Three Men on a Boat, Published: March 30, 2012, Retrieved: July 21, 2015
- TRIDENT EXTENDS AXCIL JEFFERIES DEADLINE, Trident, Published: March 21, 2014, Retrieved: July 21, 2015
- Fatima Bulla Jefferies hopes for support, Sponsorship, The Sunday Mail, Published: January 4, 2015, Retrieved: July 21, 2015
- Axcil Jefferies sets bar for local kart racing, The Standard, Published: June 8, 2014, Retrieved: July 21, 2015
- Axcil Jefferries, Formula One, Published: No date given, Retrieved: July 21, 2015