Sylvester William Saidi was a Zimbabwean and Zambia journalist and writer.
Image Via: Weaver Press
Sylvester William Saidi|
January 4, 2017|
Background and Career
Saidi was born at St David’s Mission, Marondera and educated in Zimbabwe. A writer and a journalist, he has had his work published in Ghana, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Zambia and elsewhere and in magazines such as African Parade, New Writing from Zambia, Okike and the Negro Digest. They have also been published in various anthologies such as Voices of Zambia, and Norton’s Introduction to Literature (2010).
- The Hanging (1978)
- Return of the Innocent (1979)
- Day of The Baboons (1988)
- Gwebede’s Wars (1989)
- The Brothers of Chatima Road (1990)
- Who’s Who in Zimbabwe (1991)
- A Sort of Life in Journalism (2011)
- A Fine Day for a Funeral in Writing Still (2003 Weaver Press)
- The Winning Side in Writing Now (2005)
Saidi died on 4 January 2017 in Kitwe, Zambia.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-09-21T03:56:27Z