Border Timbers is an organisation that grows, mills and manufactures timber from managed plantations. Border Timbers is a subsidiary of the Rift Valley Corporation and is listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange.
|Elias Hwenga (Chairman)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Rift Valley Corporation|
The company was incorporated in 1979 through an amalgamation of three companies, Border Eastern Forest Estates, Renfee Timbers (Pvt) Limited and Forestry Management Services. Forestry Management Services had taken over plantations that were first established in the Imbeza area by the British South African Police Company (BSAP Co) in 1924. The BSAP Company increased plantings substantially in 1946 after the Second World War to include the Chimanimani area. Since 1979, Border Timbers Limited has grown the plantation size to the current 47 886 hectares.
- Timber for palleting, construction, furniture, cable drums, packaging.
- Poles for fencing construction and transmission
Border Timbers has forests in the Eastern Highlands and of the approximately 28000 hectares of plantable area, 83% is intended for pine saw log production (Pinus patula, P. elliotii and P. taeda).
Border Timbers owns and operates two medium-sized sawmills, Sheba and Charter. The sawmills are designed to cut both pine and eucalyptus saw logs
At its Nyakamete Industrial site in Mutare, Border produces both creosote and tanalith (CCA) treated poles for a variety used for fencing, transmission and light posts.
In 2005 Border Timbers won a tax dispute against ZIMRA on the import of urin resin 
2013, the company sold its loss-making subsidiary Border Timbers International also known as Nyamakete Factory, writing off $4,5 million in the process, as it moved to restructure. It also failed to pay its annual fees to Zimbabwe Stock Exchange amounting to $13,000 in the prior year.
2014, it applied for judicial management. 
2016, it was put under judicial management with Peter Bailey as the judicial manager 
Today's Top Pindula News2019-01-19T12:58:56Z
- https://zimlii.org/zw/judgment/supreme-court/2006/11/11_06_pdf_66466.pdf, ZIMBABWE REVENUE AUTHORITY v BORDER TIMBERS LIMITED,, Retrieved: 19 June 2018
- https://www.newzimbabwe.com/border-timbers-applies-for-judicial-management/, Border Timbers applies for judicial management ,Published: 09 January 2014, Retrieved: 19 June 2018
- https://www.insiderzim.com/border-timbers-placed-under-judicial-management/, Border Timbers placed under judicial management,, Retrieved: 19 June 2018