Cara Black is one of the most outstanding female tennis players to emerge out of Zimbabwe and has won countless titles in her career.
February 17, 1979
|Parent(s)||Donald Black (Father), Velia Black (Mother)|
|Relatives||Wayne Black and Byron Black|
Cara Black was born on February 17, 1979 in Zimbabwe. She is the sister to two of Zimbabwe's most celebrated tennis players, Wayne Black, Byron Black. She got married to Bret Stevens in 2006 and the couple has a son called Lachlan.
Cara is said to have turned professional in 1998. She has won a lot of titles in hr career both as a single player and as doubles with various partners. Although she was in retirement, she was said to be contemplating making a return to professional tennis after having quit in 2011. She made a return to the game where she managed to clinch another title together with her Indian partner, Sania Mirza.
- Five Grand Slam women’s doubles titles
- Three Grand Slam mixed doubles titles (two which she partnered brother Wayne)
- Zimbabwe Sportsperson of the Year x3
- 58 Women’s Tennis Association (WTA)
- 11 International Tennis Federation (ITF)
Today's Top Pindula News2019-03-23T18:12:25Z
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- Albert Marufu Cara Black to make tennis comeback, The Standard, Published: August 26, 2012, Retrieved: February 13, 2015
- CARA BLACK, Zim Legends, Published: No Date Give, Retrieved: February 13, 2015
- Farayi Machamire Cara Black ponders future, Daily News, Published: November 6, 2014, Retrieved: February 13, 2015