Central Africa Building Society (CABS) is the largest building society in Zimbabwe. CABS is a subsidiary of Old Mutual Zimbabwe Limited, Zimbabwe's largest life assurance organization. Old Mutual Zimbabwe is in turn a subsidiary of Old Mutual PLC - an international financial services conglomerate. The CABS bank has branches all over the country. The bank has over sixty years of experience and over 50 branches in Zimbabwe.
|Central Africa Building Society|
|Founded||September 8, 1954|
|Headquarters||Northridge Park , Northend Close, Borrowdale, Harare , Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe|
The bank was established in the then Rhodesia on 8 September 1954. CABS is owned by Old Mutual Zimbabwe limited which has interests in various sectors of the economy including retail, properties and insurance. Thus CABS operates as a subsidiary of this giant multinational company.
CABS is run by a board of directors appointed by the top management of Old Mutual. Each branch is headed by a branch manager who directly takes orders from works closely with the superiors at the banks Headquarters in the leafy suburb of Borrowdale in Harare.
- Kevin Terry- Managing Director
- K Chitando- Head of Retail Banking
- A Chaavure- Chief Finance Officer
- J Jabangwe- Head of Operations
- C Ndoro- Head of Corporate Banking
- E Mujekenyeki- Head of Risk Management
- J Mapiye- Corporate Treasurer
- F Machawira- Head of Compliance
- M Nyathi- Marketing Executive
- P Koen- Platinum Manager
- P Kudakwashe- Head of Credit.
- Transaction Accounts
- Savings Products
- Loan Products
- CABS Bancassurance
- CABS investment Services
- Corporate Banking Services.
- Internet Banking
- DSTV Payments
- Bill Payments
- Debit Cards
- Bill Payments
- CABS Cash passport
- Payroll Services
- Exchange Control Products & Services
- Interbank Transfer System
- CABS Cellphone Services
- Senior Citizen Discount
On Monday December 15, 2014,Cabs introduced the new CABS Mobile Banking App. The introduction of the App was a milestone achievement for the bank because customers could now carry out transactions without having to travel to a CABS Branch. Between 2010 and 2013, CABS channeled $101 million dollars for housing projects in Harare's Budiriro suburb and other pats of the the country.
2014- Zimbabwe Financial News Awards 2014- CABS lifted the top performing bank.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-05-24T14:42:25Z
- , Central Africa Building Society (CABS), "AUHF", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- , Central Africa Building Society (CABS),Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, retrieved:9 Jan 2015"
- , Senior Management, "CABS", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- , Products, "CABS", retrieved:17 Jul 2014"
- V. Mutomba, CABS channels $101m into housing projects,NewsDay, published:29 Apr 2013,retrieved:9 Jan 2015"
- F. Mhlanga, Top banks win awards,The Independent, published:21 Nov 2014,retrieved:9 Jan 2015"