Chamu Chiwanza is a Zimbabwean entrepreneur and President of the empowerment lobby group, Affirmative Action Group.
|Organization||Affirmative Action Group|
|Known for||Being President of AAG|
Chiwanza went to Kutama College before going to Qatar to study for a Bachelor of Science in Business Leadership. He is a Class 1 Aircraft Engineer and was appointed as Fellow of Professional Managers Institute (UK) Southern Africa (2011).
Business BackgroundIt was reported in an interview that Chiwanza started working at a mechanics business when he finished his upper six. He also reportedly mentioned that his first business was Primetime Motors .
What happened is, I overheard this chat with the guy one day when I went to the bank to open an account. So I kindly asked for his business card because I felt like God was unveiling an opportunity for me. And the next morning I phoned him to say, you know what I got cars that you were talking about and if you don’t mind I can give you a quotation. And he says, no I don’t mind. So I started going around in Harare and I managed to find somebody with the cars and he gave me a quotation. I took it to that guy, I emailed it and he phones me the next day. And then I realized, wow this is business. I can start selling cars to corporates.Chiwanza, later on, sold the business
- President - Affirmitive Action Group (current)
- sits on the management committee of CIFOZ at national level
- President - Construction Industry Federation of Zimbabwe (Mashonaland Region)
- Chairman - Rebranding Committee Women's Football (ZIFA)
Chiwanza runs a Micro-finance and Micro-lending business, Cernic Financial Group where he is the Managing Director. He sits on the board of National Eye Security. In 2012 he was appointed the Senior Vice President and the Chairman of the Youth Council of Affirmative Action Group by Philip Chiyangwa.
He is also the patron of The Shift which is a monthly platform where people meet to share and discuss business opportunities.
Remarks At Patson Dzamara's Book LaunchAt Patson Dzamara's book launch Chiwanza is alleged to have boasted that only Zanu-PF party activists get rich in Zimbabwe. In an interview with a local publication NewsDay, Chiwanza confirmed the remarks,
You won’t make money if you are not in Zanu PF. I believe the policies of Zanu PF preach economic empowerment and emancipation of our people from the doldrums of poverty. Since 1980, President Mugabe has been preaching about empowerment. I told the majority of people I was with at school like Chamisa that if you don’t join Zanu PF, you won’t make money.
- Chiwanza is friends with Bona Mugabe's husband Simba Chikore.
- He is linked to Ladi Delano (Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire)
Today's Top Pindula News2018-08-18T15:48:33Z
- “Poverty Gave Me A Reason To Work Hard” – Chamu Chiwanza, One of Zimbabwe’s richest men, Africa Interviews, published: June 29, 2015, retrieved: July 18, 2016
- Board of Directors, published: No Date Given, retrieved: July 18, 2016
- Chiyangwa rescues AAG, ZBC, published: March 25, 2012, retrieved: July 18, 2016
- ‘The Shift’ changing mindsets, Herald, published: May 21, 2016, retrieved: July 18, 2016
- Obey Manayiti, ‘Join Zanu PF to get rich’, NewsDay, published: November 3, 2015, retrieved: July 18, 2016
- Poverty Gave Me A Reason To Work Hard” – Chamu Chiwanza, One of Zimbabwe’s richest men , , Published: N/A, Retrieved:20 November 2017