The Government of Zimbabwe has had difficulties paying civil servants on time especially in 2016. As such the Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare Minister, Prisca Mupfumira announces the pay dates each month. Salaries are staggered from around the 25th of the salary month to the 15th of the next month, with health and security sector civil servants getting first priority.
2016 Civil Servants Salary Bonuses
The government has not yet announced its position on 2016 Bonuses.
In September 2016, the Finance Minister, Patrick Chinamasa, proposed that government not pay bonuses to civil servants in 20116 and 2017 in addition to an across the board salary cut. He said this would save the government about $180 million in total.
November 2016 Pay Dates
- Zimbabwe National Army and Air Force of Zimbabwe -- 22 November
- Zimbabwe Republic Police and Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services - November 29
- Teachers – December 2
- The Rest of the civil service- December 6
- Pensioners -December 9
October 2016 Pay Dates
- Health sector - October 25
- Zimbabwe Republic Police and Zimbabwe Prisons and Correctional Services - October 28.
- Education - November 3
- The Rest of the Civil Service - November 15