Dillon Doughty is a Zimbabwean athlete, who currently specializes in the 75, 80 and 100-meter sprints. He also does long jump and anchors his team for relays.
January 13, 2005|
|Known for||Being an Athlete and representing Zimbabwe|
He was born on 13 January 2005 in London, UK.
He learned at Twin Rivers Primary School from Grade 1 to 6 first term before he enrolled at the CLC Correspondence Learning Centre and has been there since Grade 6 2nd term.
While at Twin Rivers, Dillion won a number of accolades which include the Twin Rivers cup which he won in the Under 9, 10, 11 and 12 categories in athletics. He has also participated in regional competitions representing his country and won a gold medal in the Boys 100m category and a silver medal at the SACSSA National Championships, at De Villiers Sasolburg, in South Africa.
He is trained by Aaron Whyte at the Amen Academy and currently has a personal best of 12.96s for the 100m sprint.
- 2013 - U9: Twin Rivers cup 75m
- 2014 - U10: Twin Rivers cup - Long jump (3.30m)
- 2015 - U11: Twin Rivers cup - Long jump (3.48m), Twin Rivers cup - High jump (1.12m), Twin Rivers cup - 75m (10.53s), Winner of Victor Ludorum
- 2016 - U12: Twin Rivers cup - Long jump (4.18m & setting a new record), Twin Rivers cup - 100m (13.84s)
- 2016 - U12: SACSSA National Championships, De Villiers Sasolburg, South Africa (representing Zimbabwe), Boys 100m - Gold Medal (14.01s), Boys 80m - Silver Medal (11.43s)
- 2017 - U16: CLC Correspondence Learning Centre 100m Sprint - 1st
- 2017 - U13: SACSSA National Championships,De Villiers Sasolburg, South Africa (representing Zimbabwe), Boys 100m - 5th place out of 33 boys (13.58s), and Boys 150m - Bronze Medal (20.34s)
- 2017 - CLC Correspondence Learning Centre - Dillon won the Dux Shield - for Outstanding Athlete of the year 2017