Empower Bank is a state owned deposit taking micro bank in Zimbabwe. The bank was launched in July 2018. The bank was created to provide "social and financial solutions to the financially excluded population with greater focus on the youth". The bank offers loans to youth-led businesses in agricultural projects, asset finance, guarantees and savings accounts.
|Founded||July 5, 2018|
|Headquarters||Tendeseka Park, Block 4, First Floor Samora Machel Avenue, Harare, Zimbabwe|
|Raymond Njanike (Chairman)|
|Parent||Government of Zimbabwe|
The bank was officially launched on 5 July 2018 by President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
Products and Services
- EmpowerBank account
- EmpowerBank Savings Account
- EmpowerBank School fees loan
- EmpowerBank Special Accounts - aimed at giving groups, clubs, societies, and associations an opportunity to save, invest and other financial services
- Rimawo Account Savings account for farmers, agro traders (input suppliers, middlemen, agro retailers)
- Loans - Various forms of micro-credit including agriculture, rural credit, cooperative credit, order financing, invoice discounting, and consumer credit.
- Branch: Tendeseka Park, Block 4, First Floor Samora Machel Avenue, Harare
- Tel: +263 242 709 550 - 709 555
- Email: email@example.com