Evelyn Masaiti is a Zimbabwe politician who was once the Member of Parliament for under Women's Quota Harare Metropolitan Province. She belonged to the MDC-T party led by Morgan Tsvangirai before she defected to join the newly formed party led by Tendai Biti dubbed the MDC Renewal Team.
Evelyn Muzungu Masaiti|
March 3, 1965
Evelyn Muzungu Masaiti was born on 3 March 65 in Bikita in the Masvingo Province of Zimbabwe.
Evelyn Masaiti attended school at Checheni Primary School. She attended Mashoko Secondary School in Masvingo Province for her secondary education. For her tertiary education, she attended the University of Zimbabwe and Gweru Teacher's College where she earned a Diploma in Education majoring in Physics and Biology. She also attended the Zimbabwe Open University in Manicaland Province.
- Masaiti was a Member of Parliament in the National Assembly for Mutasa 2000-2005.
- She was Member of Parliament in the National Assembly for Dzivarasekwa 2008 - 2013.
- She was in the National Executive member in the MDC - T and also Secretary General of Woman's Assembly 2006 to 2011,
- Deputy Minister of Women, Gender and Community Development 2009-2010 and a member of Global Power Woman Africa since 2012.
- Was a member of SADC observer mission in Zambia 2001 and Botswana 2004, Member of Commission on the Status of Women 2011 and was a Participant of the anti Racism and xenophobia held in Durban, SA 2001.
Expulsion from Parly
Masaiti was part of the 21 MPs who broke away from the MDC-T party in 2014 to form their own party which referred itself to as the MDC Renewal Team led by Tendai Biti. The MDC-T Secretary General Douglas Mwonzora made a request to the speaker of parly Jacob Mudenda to recall the so called rebel MPs since they were no longer part of the MDC-T. The request was granted resulted in Matibenga and the other 20 MPs being expelled from parliament on the 17th of March 2015.
Masaiti was reported to be involved in a husband snatch drama in early 2014 with one Euvenis Robin Kaliphinos, 31, an engineman with the National Railways of Zimbabwe based in Hwange. .It was also highlighted that it was not her first time to be accused of controversial love relationship as she was once married to two Masaiti brothers in succession.
Masaiti was accused of cheating with the late MDC Chairman and polygamist, Isaac Matongo who she then married after the death of her husband.
In 2010, the ex-parliamentarian had her vehicle’s windscreen smashed by a wife of a former Shurugwi councillor who suspected that she was having an affair with her husband.
After the death of Matongo, Masaiti got married to a 37year-old Cameroonian, Proitas Pentecote Ayina in 2012 who was 10years her junior.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-05-25T17:06:13Z
- , Evelyn Masaiti,Parliament of Zimbabwe, retrieved:19 Mar 2015"
- , Tsvangirai Dispatches Dismissal Letters to Rebel MPs,Nehanda Radio, published:10 Mar 2015,retrieved:18 Mar 2015"
- , MUDENDA’S FULL JUDGEMENT ON RENEWAL TEAM LEGISLATORS,Election Resource Centre Zimbabwe, published:18 Mar 2015,retrieved:19 Mar 2015"
- Catherine Mutema (March 14, 2014). "Ex Minister Masaiti in hubby snatching storm= Chronicle". Retrieved October 25, 2017.