The Family of God church, officially known as the Andrew Wutawunashe World Witness and Worldwide Family of God Churches (AWWW) is a christian church founded in 1980 by its current leader, Andrew Wutawunashe. It is one of the oldest pentecostal churches in Zimbabwe.
|Family of God Church|
|Andrew Wutawunashe World Witness and Worldwide Family of God Churches|
African Revival, Family of God Logo
Family of God was founded in 1980 (known officially as the Worldwide Family of God Church) after a series of revival meetings led by its founder that started around 1976. Wutawunashe was aged 23 then. The church has said that the first official service in Harare had only 30 people.
Over the years the church has spread with country branches now existing in Botswana, Zambia, Australia, Mozambique, The United Kingdom, the USA, Namibia, South Africa, Canada and Ireland.
- In 1981 The first Family Choir and the Family Singers was formed. The Family Singers are acknowledged in Zimbabwe as pioneers of Contemporary Gospel music.
- Between 1983 and 1987 Wutawunashe went to and led meetings in Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, Russia, USA, India, UK and Latvia.
- In 1983 the Family of God Church acquired its first property, Leopard Rock Hotel, in 1983.Proceeds from the eventual sale of the hotel funded the acquisition of several other properties including Glen Forest Farm and Bethel Mission. Later the church purchased the former 7 Arts theater in Bulawayo for the Bulawayo Citywide Church and in 1993 built a large church, halls and offices for the Masvingo Citywide Church. A Pastor’s Manse was also purchased for that congregation.
- In 1985, the first Zambian church was opened.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-08-20T23:02:44Z
- AWWW History, African Revival - AWWW, Retrieved: 28 Feb 2016