Career at Dembare
Francis Chandida arrived at Dembare from Shabanie Mine  Football Club after which he became an instant hit by scoring spectacular goals from free kicks and making a lot of incisive in the midfield role.
Career with the National Team
Due to issues with indiscpline, Chandida was left out of the Zimbabwe national team on many occasions regardless of his undisputed talent. He made the team in Charles Mhlauri coached national side that won the COSAFA Cup in South Africa in 2005. He scored a late winner after a counter attack in the cup final which pitted Zimbabwe and Zambia. Chandida was part of the warriors team that made the historic qualification to the Africa Cup of Nations in 2006
Problems with Discipline
Apart from not being called up for national duty for his alleged indiscipline, Chandida was also not considered for the Zimbabwe soccer star of the year award due to the same problem. Chandida was also expelled from Buymore after allegedly inciting other players to go on strike for unpaid wages.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-06-19T19:42:18Z
- Francis Chandida, FootballDatabase, Retrieved; November 19, 2014
- Tendai Ndemera, Zimbabwe: Dembare Sign Chandida, AllAfrica, Retrieved: November 19, 2014
- Zimbabwe lift Cosafa Cup, NewZimbabwe.com, Published: December 11, 2009, Retrieved: November 19, 2014
- Darlington Majonga, They have played, we have seen them, The Standard, Published: May 21, 2014, Retrieved: November 11, 2014
- Darlington Majonga, The cruel game, Zimbabwe Independent, Published: June 25, 2004, Retrieved: November 19, 2014