Heal Zimbabwe is Zimbabwean Non Governmental Organisation ,which lobbies for the recognition of victims of political violence.
To re-build national cohesion through promotion of tolerance and peaceful coexistence in local communities.
Heal Zimbabwe expects to achieve the following strategic outcomes.
- Focus on the needs of our communities
- Actively promote inclusiveness
- Act with integrity
- Communicate effectively
- Value and celebrate diversity
- Be accountable and transparent to our stakeholders
A peaceful prosperous Zimbabwe which celebrates political, cultural and religious diversity and promotes peaceful co-existence in local communities. We will contribute to peaceful and tolerant local communities in Zimbabwe through advocacy and lobby and providing psycho-social support to ensure that:
There is increased understanding, awareness, education and research regarding the impact of political violence on the local communities in Zimbabwe.
- Social, political and economic policies and practices do not directly or indirectly condone intolerance of diversity of opinions.
- The interests and well being of victims and survivors of political violence and torture are fully represented.
- There are positive initiatives to rebuild the cohesion of affected communities through community initiated and driven conflict transformation and peace building initiatives.
Community Cohesion building
Heal Zimbabwe encourages peace clubs to be the forerunners of justice, peace-building and also to be truth tellers in their respective communities.
Governance and Accountability
HZT has used the following measures to effectively gather, disseminate information to its members and stakeholders; Documentaries Peace Building and Conflict Transformation
It is the mandate of Heal Zimbabwe Trust to facilitate activities mainstreaming peace-building in the communities and conflict mitigation strategies.
Welfare and Livelihoods
Heal Zimbabwe Trust promotes the social welfare of people in the communities and restoring the livelihoods of these people. In so doing the communities are aided with income generating projects and also training on these projects on small enterprises management.