Jesimen Tarisai Chipika is a Zimbabwean economist. She is the current chairperson of the Deposit Protection Corporation and one of the deputy governors of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) after she was appointed by Robert Mugabe in April 2017.
|Born||Jesimen Tarisai Chipika|
|Education||University of Zimbabwe|
|Years active||1 April 2017-|
|Employer||Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe|
|Known for||Being chairperson of Deposit Protection Corporation|
She holds Bachelor of Science Honours; Master of Science; and Doctor of Philosophy in Economics degrees from the University of Zimbabwe.
She was a lecture at UZ from 1985 and 1998. Chipika is also a former technical advisor in the Finance Ministry. From 1999 to 2001, she was the International Labour Organisation and United Nations Development Programme national coordinator. She held the same post in the Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare Ministry’s Jobs for Africa Programme. Dr Chipika was also a senior national economist and programme manager for the UNDP from 2001 to 2005.
In 2016, she was the lead consultant in the production of the Zimbabwe Interim Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper. Dr Chipika has published 27 books and more than 40 research papers in economics, broad-based economic empowerment, poverty, Millennium Development Goals and pro-poor policy making, among other areas. She was a member of the RBZ Monetary Policy Committee from 2013 to 2015.
Chipika is a director in National Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment Board . She is also a trustee in the Poverty Reduction Forum Trust and has received several awards in her working career by The American Biographical Institute – USA. Dr Chipika was appointed to the Zimbabwe Women's Resource Centre & Network (ZWRCN) Board in July 2010. She is also a Zimbabwe Economic Policy Analysis and Research Unitboard member and serves as the Chairperson of the Human Resources Committee of the Board.
<DynamicPageList> category = count = 5 namespace = News </DynamicPageList>
Latest Articles Created on Pindula
Today's Top Pindula News2019-02-22T09:55:12Z
- President appoints Deputy Governor of the RBZ, Sunday News, published: April 9, 2017, retrieved: April 10, 2017
- Board and Executive Management, NIEEB, published: No Date Given, retrieved: April 10, 2017
- Board of Trustees, Poverty Reduction Forum Trust, published: No Date Given, retrieved: April 10, 2017
- [www.zwrcn.org.zw/index.php/about-us/about-us-7/21-board/35-jesimen-tarisa-chipika-dr Jesimen Tarisa Chipika], ZWRCN, published: No Date Given, retrieved: April 10, 2017
- Chipika J., Ziparu, published: No Date Give, retrieved: April 10, 2017