Joyce Simeti was a Zimbabwean gospel musician known for her track Kudza Baba na Mai.
|Known for||Being a Gospel Musician|
Joyce Simeti was born in Mutoko and was married to Stanley Simeti and together they had three children, two daughters and one boy.
She did a cutting and designing course in 1996.
Simeti started taking music seriously around 1999 when she recorded her first album Tose Takadanwa with Ngaavongwe Records. In 2002, she left her hairdressing career to take music as a full-time profession. By 2016 she had released six albums.
She left Ngaavongwe and joined TMC in 2005 where she recorded the hit song Kudza Baba na Mai off the album Haakusiye Haakurase in 2007. In 2011 she recorded the album Vana Vanokosha before 2011 when she joined Diamond Studios. While at Diamond Studios she released the album Makandinzwa which carried the hit Ndakange Ndisipo.
In 2012, Simeti was at loggerheads with Diamond Studios following the stable’s failure to release the album Anozvigonesesa. This was because Lyton Ngolomi, who was a part-time digital producer at the stable, refused to release the album as the studio had failed to pay him an undisclosed amount of money for his services. As a result she crossed the floor to Lyt-on studios owned by Lyton Ngolomi.
She was also part of the United Family International Church praise and worship team.
At the time of her death she was working on the album Ndakabuda Pakaoma.
Simeti died Tuesday 25 October 2016, afternoon at Arcadia Medical Centre after having been unwell for some time.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-07-18T20:23:46Z
- Simeti turns 40 in style, Herald, published: November 20, 2014, retrieved: October 25, 2016
- Simbarashe Nyanhanga, A moment with gospel diva: Joyce Simeti, ZON, published: October 24, 2015, retrieved: October 25, 2016
- Jairos Saunyama, Gospel diva Simeti breaks silence, NewsDay, published: January 13, 2016, retrieved: October 25, 2016
- Jairos Saunyama, Gospel diva crosses floor amidst controversy, NewsDay, published: April 2, 2013, retrieved: October 25, 2016
- Breaking: Musician Joyce Simeti dies, NewsDay, published: October 25, 2016, retrieved: October 25, 2016