Kombo Moyana is the chair of the Sovereign wealth fund and former Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor
|Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Governor|
1983 – August 1993
|Succeeded by||Leonard Tsumba|
|Born||Kombo James Moyana|
Kombo Moyana was born on 4 July 1942 in Chipinge.
Moyana initially joined the Reserve Bank as deputy head of the institution in 1983 following his appointment by the then Prime Minister, Robert Mugabe . He eventually headed the Reserve Bank towards the expiry of his second term before retiring in 1993. After some years outside of public office, Kombo Moyana was appointed as chair of the sovereign wealth fund, a board set up with the drive to ensure the financing of Zim Asset.
- Deputy Governor: RBZ
- Governor: RBZ
- Executive Secretary of COMESA Clearing House
- Managing Director of Connect The World
Kombo Moyana was involved in a legal battle with the Reserve Bank after Hundred Weight Investment which is owned by Moyana was said to have failed to transfer a block of flats to the Reserve Bank. The property was said to have been sold to the RBZ before the multicurrency regime but when the RBZ requested the transfer of the property to his name, Dr Moyana declined to oblige arguing that he did not authorise the sell of the property. He also pointed out that Vericham had fraudulently sold his property.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-03-19T18:52:43Z
- Kombo Moyana, Europa Publications, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: July 13, 2015
- Steve Kombo Moyana Lands COMESA Job, 'The Zimbabwean, Published: May 25, 2009, Retrieved: July 6, 2015
- Kombo Moyana bounces back, NewsdzeZimbabwe, Published: July 5, 2015, Retrieved: July 6, 2015
- Kombo Moyana, FT India, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: July 6, 2015
- Fidelis Munyoro RBZ takes Moyana's firm to court, The Herald, Published: September 10, 2014, Retrieved: July 6, 2015