Mabie Mashinya is a Zimbabwean politician and aspiring candidate for Chitungwiza South Constituency. She is also a feminist and a woman activist who has advocated for the upliftment of women in her constituency and across Zimbabwe.
|Occupation||Politician and Activist|
|Political party||Independent Candidate|
|Children||Brian, Tatenda , Funwel|
Mabie was born on the 19th of October 1969 and is married to Funnel Mashinya. The couple is blessed with three sons. She has been a resident of Chitungwiza South Constituency ward 23 since 1989 and has participated in a lot of initiatives meant to help women develop. Mabie has assisted a lot of widows to protect their assets through offering counseling and referring them to institutions that offer legal recourse to women.She has also helped a lot of women start income generating projects in their backyards, projects which include poultry and women savings groups.
- Vast experience in district co-ordination and campaigning programs.
- Has been actively involved in opposition politics since the beginning of MDC in 1999 under the leadership of Morgan Tsvangirai.
- Participated in the harmonized elections during 2008 and 2013.
- Chitungwiza South councillor candidate in 2008 harmonized elections under MDC.
- Chitungwiza South Member of Parliament (MP) candidate in 2013 the harmonized elections under MDC. Activists