September 23, 1980
|Years active||2005 - Present|
|Known for||Big Brother UK 2005, UK refusal of entry, Makosi Today|
Makosi Musambasi is a popular Zimbabwean socialite and television personality. She rose to prominence when she entered the UK Big Brother Series in 2005 as the first Zimbabwean and African to ever have contested in a Big Brother show. Musambasi is also a controversial figure. She made headlines in 2012, when she was denied entry in the United Kingdom after attempting to enter the latter using someone's passport. Formerly, a lewd character, Musambasi earned herself respect when she donated sanitary wear to the Tokwe Mukosi Disaster victims in 2014.
Makosi Musambasa was born on the 23rd of September 1980 to a South African mother (Sennie Musambasi newspaper journalist) and a Mozambican father (retired policemen). She states that she has step brothers and half brothers, while it was mentioned that she had 2 sisters; Lungelo and Veronica 
She attended Belvedere Junior School for her primary education and Roosevelt Girls High for her secondary education. She then proceeded to the UK where she graduated with a nursing degree at the University of Luton.
Big Brother 6 UK
Makosi was the first Zimbabwean and African to enter the well known reality TV show in the UK in 2005. Her participation would be termed somewhat controversial, having a lesbian kiss with a fellow contestant, sexual relations with another and claiming she was pregnant days after.
Makosi's antics in the Big Brother house would cause her to lose her £24 000-a-year nursing job, subsequently getting her visa canceled. She would later seek asylum in the UK, stating that deportation to Zimbabwe will see her getting hard because of her lesbian kissing and sex-in-the-pool orgies on Big Brother
Upon her return to Zimbabwe in 2012, Musambasi went on to launch a reality television show, Makosi Today. The show was launched in January 2014. The show's aim was said to be "to educate, empower and entertain with it being a download of success, prosperity, health, fashion, wealth, vision, direction, ingenuity, creativity, spirituality, peace and resourcefulness." The show was screened on ZBC but she would later use online media (Facebook and YouTube) to market her product. The show did not get mainstream success.
As an Author
Makosi is also an author. She launched her first book titled Love Yourself, The Ultimate Choice in October 2013. The book was bought by local celebrities such as Uebert Angel's wife Beverly who bought it for US$1 000. Businessman Nigel Chanakira also bought it for US$600. Barbra Mzembi, wife to Tourism minister Walter Mzembi also bought the book.
Donations to Tokwe Mukosi
In May 2014, she donated some sanitary pads to the victims of the national disaster. She personally visited Chingwizi camp where more than 300 families are living. The women at the camp were reportedly using leaves as sanitary wear.
Controversy & Deportation from the UK
Makosi, who claims she is a born-again Christian was once a controversial figure. She made headlines in the British media for her topless and lesbian acts at the 2005 Channel 4 Reality TV series Big Brother 6. She also famously claimed to be pregnant after an infamous swimming pool sex incident with another housemate Anthony.
Makosi was reportedly always drunk and had wild confrontations with other housemates. Her controversy cost her her cardiac nurse job in the UK. Seven years later in February 2012, she was deported from the UK to Nigeria when she tried to enter the country using a relative's passport. She was deported to Nigeria and had her £12,000 cash confiscated from her. At one point she even revealed that she once slept with businessman, Philip Chiyangwa. When Tinopona Katsande's three-minute sex tape was leaked in 2013. Makosi defended the latter saying she was being victimised. She even castigated Katsande's then-employer, ZiFM Stereo, for suspending her.
Surviving Breast Cancer
In January 2017, Makosi shared that she had battled and survived breast cancer. She shared pictures of herself after surgery. The surgery was a success.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-05-21T20:39:36Z
- Shamiso Yikoniko I repented but I miss beer – Makosi...Yummy TV presenter bares all, The Sunday Mail, Published: 12 Apr 2012, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- shapiro Mum desperate for Makosi to get married, New Zimbabwe, Published: 11 Dec 2009, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- A Moment With… Makosi, 'Three Men on A Boat', Published: 5 Mar 2013, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Makosi Today Extra - TK at ZiFM, Makosi Today - YouTube, Published: 1 Sep 2014 12 Apr 2012, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- milisharma Video of Makosi kissing fellow Big Brother woman, Daily Motion, Published: 6 Dec 2007, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- Elidia Heron makosi in the pool, YouTuve video, Published: 25 Feb 2014, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- Kingpotter10 Big Brother UK 2005-"I could be pregnant", YouTuve video, Published: 24 Apr 2008, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- Mduduzi Mathuthu Makosi loses contracts over vice girl shame, NewZimbabwe.com, Published: 11 Dec 2009, Retrieved: 28 Jan 2015
- Makosi’s TV Show To Premiere On ZTV This Monday, 'Three Men on A Boat', Published: 17 Jam 2014, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Best Masinire, Prophetess Angel buys Makosi's book for $1 000, 'DailyNews', Published: 15 Oct 2013, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Problem Masau, Makosi Musambasi donates sanitary ware to flood victims, 'The Zimbabwe Mail', Published: 12 May 2014, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Why Zimbabweans Love to Hate Makosi, 'Nehanda Radio', Published: 30 Dec 2010, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Roy Moyo, 'Big Brother' Makosi Musambasi turns to God, 'Bulawayo 24', Published: 31 May 2012, Retrieved: 21 May 2014
- Sextape Saga, Musambasi Makosi Defends Tino Katsande, iHarare, Published: 12 Sept 2013, Retrieved: 21 May 2014