Platinum Prince is an upcoming Zimdancehall artist. In 2015 he was nominated for a Zimdancehall award. Platinum Prince is mostly known for his controversial lyrics. In August 2015 he released a song on Robert Mugabe that was a topic of discussion on social media.
|Birth name||Ian Makiwa|
|Also known as||Unrully|
|Years active||2008- present|
Platinum Prince was born Ian Makiwa. He was born and raised in Bindura in the Mashonaland Central Province of Zimbabwe. He went Bradley Institute in Bindura for his education.
His first song was "Madam" with the help of Levelz of Chill Spot Records. Platinum Prince rose to fame with his "Hazviite" hit song which he sang along the popular Bodyslam Riddim. Most of his early songs were produced by the Highfield based studio Bodyslam Records. The studio also played a huge role in giving him exposure through such award-winning riddims such as Bodyslam.
- Hazviite (Bodyslam Riddim)
- Waivepi (Black Spot Riddim) 2015
- Madzibaba (Judgment Yard Riddim)
- Mona Wandigarira
- Ndirikukusuwa Baby
- Batai Munhu
- Ndinmoshamisa soo
- Unotoshaya kuti zviri kumbofamba sei
2014 Zimdancehall Awards
- Nominated for the Best Improved Artist Award
Platinum Prince sparked controversy in 2014 after he released a song with controversial lyrics which were believed to be linked to satanism. The song called "Ndinoshamisa soo" had weird lyrics which included him being linked to supernatural powers and superstition. He however denied the allegations arguing that he was a bona fide Christian. In 2014 again, Platinum Prince was allegedly beaten up by Killer T over his dissing lyrics which were alleged to be offensive. Platinum Prince had dissed Killer T in a song called "Hanzi" which mocked a lot of artists.In August 2015 he released a song titled Baba vaBona which was a satirical song directed at President Robert Mugabe. He sang
"Ndeipi yenyu Baba vaBona, ndanzwa vanhu vachiseka kuti makadonha, havana kukwana hapana chinosekesa, takatarisa pavakadonha imimi penyupashoma. Ndeipi President ndamboti ndikumhoresei, murisei President? Ndine nyaya nezvichemo” (How are you, Bona’s father? I heard people laughing saying you fell down, but if we check the number of times they themselves have fallen, your falls do not count. I have issues and complaints to discuss with you)"
Today's Top Pindula News2019-01-20T14:01:39Z
- , About,Platinum Prince Facebook Profile, retrieved:4 Jun 2015"
- , Platinum Prince denies Satanism links,Daily News, published:10 Apr 2014,retrieved:4 Jun 2015"
- , Platinum Prince,Zim All Stars, Published:12 Jun 2014, Retrieved:4 Jun 2015
- Z. Zimbabwean, Killer Tee beats up Platinum Prince over Popopo Diss,IHarare, Published:28 Apr 2014, Retrieved:4 Jun 2015
- Platinum Prince chides Mugabe, NewsDay, Published: August 26, 2015, Retrieved: August 31, 2015