Tatenda Mahachi is a gospel musician and an entrepenuer who rose to fame in 2013 after releasing his third album titled Agare which featured Prudence Katomeni. He has worked with various artists including DJ Russo (Russel Chiradza), Mac Dee (Macdonald Chidavaenzi)as well as the multi awarding winning South African gospel musician, Sfiso Ncwane.
Tatenda Seth Mahachi|
August 19, 1984
|Years active||2007 to present|
Mahachi was born Tatenda Seth Mahachi on 19 August 1984. He grew up in Karoi.
Growing up as a child in Karoi, Mahachi had a great passion for music. He joined his school's musical group, Chikichi Boys. Mahachi's career as a musician was launched whilst he was still with the Chikichi Boys.
In 2007, Mahachi released his first album, Muyedzo. The album failed to gain much popularity. Mahachi went into oblivion for three years and he came back with a bang releasing his second album, Kure. Despite having two albums, Mahachi was not popular in the music industry. He rose to prominence in 2013 after he released his third album which featured Prudence Katomeni. In 2014, he released a single called Endai naizvozvo lobbying Christians to return to the principles of Christianity.
On 23 January 2015, it was reported that Mahachi's singles (Ndinoda Jesu/Ngiyamuthanda u Jesu) which he had done with the South African gospel musician, Sfiso Ncwane were released. Mahachi is suppposed to release his fifth album in March 2015 at 7 Arts Theatre in Avondale.
Lobbying for gospel awards
Mahachi has been leading the calls for the return of the Zimbabwe Gospel Music Awards. Mahachi was invited to attend the 7th edition of the SABC Crown Gopsel Awards held on 22 November 2014 in Durban, South Africa. Due to the fact that the event was full of glitz and glamour as well as appreciating gospel music, this caught Mahachi's attention, influencing him to moot the idea of clamouring for the re-introduction of gospel awards in Zimbabwe.
- Muyedzo (2007)
- Kure (2010)
- Agare (2013)
- Rega Kumhanya (set to be released in March 2015)
Mahachi runs a car sales and a fuel company called TAMTEX. He is also the ambassador of a non-governmental organisation called Care At The Core of Humanity (CATCH) which protects and empowers children.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-12-14T12:33:48Z
- Tatenda Mahachi Takes Gospel Music To Another Level, The Financial Gazette, Published:5 Sep 2013,Retrieved:27 January 2015"
- Yeukai Karengezeka, The gospel according to Mahachi, The Herald, Published:18 Apr 2014,Retrieved:27 January 2015"
- Tatenda Mahachi, Sfiso Ncwane collaboration out, NewsDay, Published:23 Jan 2015,Retrieved:27 January 2015"
- Nigel Pfunde, Tatenda Mahachi for South Africa gospel music awards, The Zimbabwe Mail, Published:20 Nov 2014,Retrieved:27 January 2015"
- Silence Charumbira, Zim gospel awards mooted, The Zimbabwe Star, Published:8 Jan 2015,Retrieved:27 January 2015"