Brita Masalethulini was a Zimbabwean model who later became a businesswoman. She is currently a mother of three. She rose to fame in 2001 after she was crowned Miss Malaika. In 1999, she was crowned Miss Zimbabwe. Masalethulini has however had a tumultuous private life ever since her rise to stardom and this has soiled her image.
|Born||March 11, 1976|
|Children||Makyla Nolitha Mnangagwa|
Brita was born on March 11, 1976 and grew up on a cattle ranch on the fringes of Harare
Masalethulini began her career as a model whilst she was a student at Harare Polytechnic where she was an art student. In 1999, Masalethulini was crowned Miss Zimbabwe. This event marked what later became a huge break in Masalethulini's career and life in general. In 2001, Masalethulini was crowned Miss Malaika and pocketed US$200 000. After being crowned Miss Malaika, Masalethulini resigned from the glitz and glamour industry to become an image consultant. She was later employed at Philip Chiyangwa's Pinnacle Properties. This move was prompted by her dire need to widen her means of generating income. She also started her own business of manufacturing chemical detergents (dish washers and toiletries).
- Little Miss Muffet
- Miss Harare Polytechnic College (1999)
- Miss Harare (1999)
- Miss Zimbabwe (1999)
- Second Princess for Top Model Zimbabwe (1999)
- Supermodel of the Year Finalist (1998)
- Miss Lucky 7 Zimbabwe (1999)
- Miss Malaika (2001)
Masalethulini was also alleged to have been Gideon Gono's mistress. Gono's wife Hellin who knew about the affair tried by all means to put an end to the affair to no avail. It was reported that Gono was harbouring thoughts of customarily marrying Masalethulini. This never materialised when Masalethulini gave birth (2007) to her first daughter upon which she revealed that Gono was not the father of her child though it was widely speculated that the two were love birds. Masalethulini stated that, Tongai Kasukuwere, Saviour Kasukuwere's cousin was the paternal father of her daughter. In 2009, Masalethulini gave birth to her second child and the name of the child's paternal father remains unknown. On 28 July 2014, Masalethulini dragged her lover/boyfriend, Tarirai Mnangagwa, Emmerson Mnangagwa's nephew with whom she had sired her third child with on the basis that he was abusing her. Masalethulini was granted a protection order which barred Mnangagwa from having anything to do with her. Mnangagwa however rubbished the accusations arguing that he had never assaulted the former model.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-11-16T17:05:19Z
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- Brita Maselethulini About, Facebook, Published: No Date Given, Retrieved: April 22, 2015
- Former Miss Zimbabwe Brita Masalethulini Bares her Soul, Zim Beat News, Published:31 October 2011, Retrieved:29 July 2014
- Lebo Nkatazo, Gono has affair with Brita Masalethulini, New Zimbabwe, Published:11 December 2009, Retrieved:29 July 2014
- Brita has a baby girl, New Zimbabwe, Published:11 Dec 2009, Retrieved:29 July 2014
- Bekezela Tshuma, Masalethulini opens up, The Sunday News, Published:20 July 2014, Retrieved:29 July 2014
- Prosper Dembedza, Ex-beauty queen drags minister’s nephew to court, The Herald, Published:29 July 2014, Retrieved:29 July 2014