Chibuku Road to Fame seeks to promote the development of musical groups through identifying potentially talented musical groups. The Organisers will then assist the winners to produce, document their work. The competition also excels in providing upcoming musicians with technical expertise in music and event management.
The 2014 edition of the competition was launched in Masvingo on the 7th of June before moving to the rest of Zimbabwe’s 10 provinces. The grand finale will be held at Glamis Stadium on the 27th of September. Music fans would be up for a treat with Dendera superstar Sulumani Chimbetu expected to entertain revellers.
- Hambakwe Stars (Mashonaland East)
- Real Spears (Manicaland)
- Motor Super Sounds (Matabeleland South)
- Human Life (Mashonaland West)
- Sounds of the Universe (Bulawayo)
- CY The Legends Band (Masvingo)
- Soul Panorama (Midlands)
- The Way (Mashonaland Central)-winners.
- Were (Harare)
- African Tradition Vibes (Matebeleland North).
The 2012 edition which coincided with celebrations of the Chibuku brand’s 50 years of existence, was won by Midlands-based Afro-Jazz group, Terry and the Bliss. The group won US$5000 plus a recording contract. On second position was Guruve Marimba who were awarded US$4000. The third prize went to Harare’s Super Sounds who walked away with US$3000.
- Club Shanga (Mashonaland East)-winners
- Tauyanadzo Sound Blasters (Matabeleland North)
- African Tribe (Bulawayo)
The 2009 competition was won by the Harare-based group Bopoma Stars. The latter went on to releaase their debut album, Paucheneka. The album features the songs Password (Paucheneka), Waka-zvipira, Sorry, Chouviri and Vakadyirwa KaPay.
The year's edition was won by Romeo Gasa and Extra Valembe.
In 2006 the competition was won by Bulawayo based Blackface. The win was a historic one since it was the first time Bulawayo had won the first prize at the highly competitive talent search programme.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-07-23T12:02:46Z
- Chibuku Road to Fame, 'Delta', Published: ND, Retrieved: 15 May 2014
- Chibuku road to fame roars to life, 'DailyNews', Published: 14 May 2014, Retrieved: 15 May 2014
- Problem Masau, Chibuku Road to Fame finale, 'Herald', Published: 23 Sept 2013, Retrieved: 15 May 2014
- No Joy for Massive Combination at Chibuku Road to Fame, 'Herald', Published: 1 Oct 2012, Retrieved: 15 May 2014
- Chibuku Road To Fame To Light Up Harare, 'Financial Gazette', Published: 9 Jul 2010, Retrieved: 15 May 2014
- Courage Musariri, Chibuku Road to Fame Mat reps disappoint, 'Chronicle', Published: 3 Oct 2013, Retrieved: 15 May 2014