Cuthbert Nyasango is a Zimbabwean long distance runner. He competed at the 2012 London Olympics and was selected to represent Zimbabwe at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janiero, Brazil. Nyasango represented Zimbabwe at the 2008 Beijing Olympics but did not finish in the 10,000m final, due to injury.
Image Via: Facebook
September 17, 1982
|Education||Kuwadzana High School|
|Known for||Breaking Setting A New National Marathon Record|
|Relatives||Constance Nyasango (sister)|
Nyasango was born on 17 September 1982 in Nyanga. He is married to Faith Nyasango and has a sister Constance Nyasango.
For his high school education he attended Kuwadzana High School in Kuwadzana, Harare.
He finished 7th at the 2012 London Olympic Games to record the best ever marathon finish by a Zimbabwean.On May 11 2014 Nyasango set a new national marathon record of 2 hours, 9 minutes and 52 seconds at the 2014 Prague International Marathon in the Czech Republic beating the record of Tendai Chimusasa of 2 hours 10 minutes and 57 seconds set in Hamburg, Germany in 1998. For his outstanding debut effort, Nyasango won 5 000 Euros.
In the same year he managed to qualify for the 2015 World Athletics Championships which were held in Beijing, China after running better than the prescribed 2 hours 18 minutes. He also qualified for the All Africa Games. In October 2015 he was as Zimbabwe's representative at the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Gold Label Road Race. Nyasango also represnted Zimbabwe at the 2015 edition of the Fukuoka Marathon in Japan where he finished eighth in 2012.He finished 11th at the Lisbon Marathon in Portugal in March 2014.
Nyasango represented Zimbabwe at the 2008 Beijing Olympics but did not finish in the 10,000m final, due to injury.
- third place- Westgate half-marathon (2013)
- third place- Simon Muzenda-Gutu half-marathon (2012)
- won- Nkulumane Mall Fun Run (2015)
- third place- Prague International Marathon (2014)
- Annual National Sports Awards- Sportsperson of the Year (2012)-nominee
- 1500 metres - 3:50.26 min
- 3000 metres - 7:51.29 min
- 5000 metres - 13:31.27 min
- 10,000 metres - 27:57.34
- Half marathon - 1:00:26 hrs
- Marathon - 2:09:52 hrs
- Benson Chauke is his coach.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-06-18T16:34:10Z
- CUTHBERT NYASANGO ATHLETE PROFILE, IAAF, published: No Date Given, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Kenneth Nyangani, Nyasango hopes for good show, Southern Eye, published: January 12, 2013, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Augustine Hwata, Nyasango makes NAAZ believe, Herald, published: May 13, 2014, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Daniel Nhakaniso, Zimbabwe long-distance runner Cuthbert Nyasango delighted with form, published: March 20, 2016, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Daniel Nhakaniso, Nyasango joins elite field at Fukuoka Marathon, published: October 31, 2015, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Michael Kariati, Nyasango makes history, The Zimbabwean, published: May 12, 2014, reytrieved: July 27, 2016
- Lovemore Dube, Four athletes qualify for world championships, Chronicle, published: November 5, 2014, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Michael Madyira, Nyasango for Japan race, Standard, published: October 26, 2014, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Cutbert Nyasango, Boston Marathon Media Guide, published: No Date Given, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Ricky Zililo, Nkulumane Fun Race gets overwhelming response, Chronicle, published: June 6, 2015, retrieved: July 27, 2016
- Volkswagen Prague Marathon - 42,195 km in 2014 (11. 5. 2014), Run Czech, published: May 11, 2014, retrieved: July 27, 2016