History of the Company
The history of the company starts when it was still the Dairy Marketing Board (DMB) which was state owned parastatal. In July 1994, following the change in the legal status of the company from a parastatal to a commercial company under the government's Economic Structural Adjustment Programme (ESAP), the name of the company changed to Dairibord Zimbabwe Limited (DZL) and the company was incorporated. In July 1997, Dairibord became the first state- owned company in Zimbabwe to privatise, and listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange the same year. In 2006, the company transformed into a holding company with four subsidiaries - Dairibord Zimbabwe (Private) Limited, Lyons, Dairibord Malawi (Private) Limited and NFB Logistics (Private) Limited.. The name of the holding company changed to Dairibord Holdings Limited. Dairibord Zimbabwe (Private) Limited is the subsidiary that manufactures and markets liquid milk, food and beverage products.
Dairibord Zimbabwe Private Limited is one of the largest manufacturing and marketing companies in Zimbabwe with seven factories located in Harare, Chitungwiza, Bulawayo, Gweru, Kadoma, Mutare and Chipinge. The operations in Malawi are located in Blantyre and Mulanje District.The company was originally a state owned enterprise established for the purposes of processing and marketing milk products which was successfully privatized by the Government of Zimbabwe.
- Dairibord Fresh Milk
- Dairibord Lacto Cultured Milk
- Dairibord Chimombe UHT Long Life
- Dairibord Steri Milk
- Dairibord Supermilk Long Life Milk
- Dairibord Fresh Cream.
- Dairibord Yu-mmy Flavoured Yoghurts
- Dairibord Froot Scoop Fruit Yoghurts
- Dairibord Fat Free Yoghurts
- Dairibord Natural Yoghurts
- Dairibord Cheese
- Dairibord Ice Creams (Bulk)
- Dairibord Ice Cream (milk based sticks and ice lollies)
- Dairibord Fun n' Fresh Juice
- Dairibord Natural Joy Juice
- Dairibord Aqualite Mineral Water.
The Dairibord Rugby Festival
Dairibord’s involvement with sports in this country spans many years and this sponsorship is strategic for Dairibord and has fit with the Group’s ‘sustenance of good health’ mantra. Sports plays a major role in building character, promoting a healthier way of life and unifying people. Participation in sports, especially by the youths, helps one to stay in shape while at the same time developing talent to the benefit of the participant and the nation at large.
Listed milk processor Dairibord Zimbabwe Holdings Limited (Dairibord) incurred a $3,1 million operating loss in the half-year to June 2013, weighed down by plant rationalisation and retrenchement costs. In early 2013, the company had to shut down its Bulawayo and Mutare plants to remain with two in Harare and Chitungwiza. The move was targeted at consolidating operations and cut costs. Leonard Tsumba, the group's chairperson, said the $4,3 million once-off payment which related to retrenchment packages, relocation of plant and equipment and impairment of equipment, spares, materials and receivables — ate significantly into the company’s headline earnings. In the year 2013 alone, the company incurred about $800.000 in retrenchment costs and this contributed to considerable losses as a result of the downsizing initiative.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-06-18T10:32:46Z
- , About Us, "Dairibord Zimbabwe", retrieved:03 Oct 2014"
- , Dairibord Holdings Limited, "Zimbabwe Stock Exchange", retrieved:03 Oct 2014"
- , DAIRIBORD SPONSORS RUGBY, "Dairibord Holdings", retrieved:3 Oct 2014"
- , Shut downs, retrenchments weigh down Dairibord, "Daily News", published:31 Aug 2013,retrieved:03 Oct 2014"
- K. Chawafambira, Dairibord in plant closure, "Daily News", published:25 March 2014,retrieved:03 Oct 2014"