Farai Jere is a Zimbabwean-born businessman and majority shareholder of popular local football club CAPS United Football Club, who are the 2016 Castle Premier Soccer League champions. Caps United won the title on 26 November 2016, at Ascot Stadium in Gweru after defeating Chapungu 1-0 to end an 11 year wait since their last league win.

Farai Jere
Farai Jere
Born Farai Jere
December 25, 1973
Murehwa
Nationality Zimbabwe
Occupation
  • Businessman
  • Football Administrator.

Contents

Background

Jere was born on the 25th of December 1973, in Murehwa.[1]

Similar Profiles You Might Want to See

Football Administration

Jere became part of the Green Machine as a co-owner alongside fellow businessman, Twine Phiri in 2005.[2] The joining of Farai Jere into Makepekepe saw the green machine recording some of their finest runs in the history of the premier league. The club won several cups challenges as well as back to back league titles under one of their most prolific coaches ever, Charles Mhlauri. Following a string of poor results, Jere eventually took a break from football, the break was also occasioned by shareholding disputes involving fellow shareholder, Twine Phiri. Although he remained a part of the green machine, Jere is said to have withdrawn funding into the club, throwing the club into further financial troubles. He eventually came back to the club full time around mid-2015. In the new arrangement, Jere increased his stake from 25% to 80% making him the majority shareholder, leaving Phiri with 20%.


Business Interests

Farai Jere is said to have had his breakthrough while specialising in the shipping and clearing business.[3] He is also said to have been involved in the construction of a hotel in Harare in a joint venture with Hilton World Wide.[4]





Some Articles About Farai Jere

Caps United FC In Spending Spree As They Seek To Restore Former Glory Mon Dec 10 2018

Caps United President Farai Jere Elected PSL Chairman Mon Sep 10 2018

Farai Jere Set To Become PSL Chairman After He Was Unopposed In Nominations Wed Jun 20 2018

See more news on Farai Jere

References

Cite error: Invalid <references> tag; parameter "group" is allowed only.

Use <references />, or <references group="..." />
  1. Robson Sharuko I have enjoyed my break...at 40, life begins for Farai Jere, The Herald, Published: December 27, 2013, Retrieved: June 16, 2015
  2. Wellington Toni I want my $1,4m – Jere, NewsDay, Published: February 28, 2013, Retrieved: June 16, 2015
  3. Nigel Matongorere Farai Jere back at CAPS United, Daily News, Published: April 15, 2014, Retrieved: June 16, 2015
  4. Breaking : Farai Jere back at Caps United, Soccer24, Published: April 14, 2014, Retrieved: June 16, 2015