Gabriel Mvumvure is a Zimbabwean Athlete and Professional Indoor Athlete with the Louisiana State University Tigers club
|Education||Churchill High School|
|Alma mater||Louisiana State University|
|Known for||Zimbabwean Sprinter|
|Style||200m and 100m|
|Height||1.7 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Parent(s)||Francis and Jenipher Mvumvure|
|Relatives||Bethel and Privilege|
|Awards||Bronze medal at the 2007 All-Africa Games in Algeria, Bronze at IAAF World Indoor Championships 2014, Africa junior champion, 3-time All-American, NCAA Mideast Regional Champion, SEC Champion, 2-time All-SEC|
Mvumvure completed his secondary education at Churchill high school and is currently studied majors in International Studies & Political Science. He grew up in Harare and is currently on sholarship in the U.S.A. from Olympic Solidarity to help with training for the 2016 Rio Olympics
He is the youngest of 3 children from parents Francis and Jennifer mvumvure
- 3 career All-America honors as a member of the sprint relay team.
- LSU's school record 4x200-meter relay team that clocked 1:20.45 to take the gold at the Texas Relays in 2011.
- Zimbabwe's national junior record holder in both the 100 meters (10.45) and 200 meters (20.91).
- Won African Junior Athletics champion in the 100 and 200 meters . Competed for Team Zimbabwe at the 2007 All-Africa Games in Algiers.
- Earned National Junior Athlete of the Year honors for his performance in 2007.
- Top Freshman in all of collegiate track and field.
- Ran the third leg on the Tigers' 4x100-meter relay team that won an NCAA title at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Qualified for the 200-meter dash at the NCAA Outdoor Championships.
- Opened the outdoor season by winning the 200-meter title at the Willie Williams Classic (21.23).
- Competed in the 200-meter dash at the NCAA Outdoor Championships for the second time in his career.
- Second career All-SEC honor in the event
- ran on the foursome that captured the event title at the NCAA Mideast Regional Championships with a winning time of 39.13.
- seasonal best and indoor personal best of 21.45 in a 15th-place finish at the SEC Indoor meet.
- Earned his second All-America honor for the Tigers while anchoring LSU's 4x100-meter relay team to a third-place finish in the national final at the 2010 NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene, Ore.
- Recorded a seasonal-best time of 6.81 in the 60-meter prelim at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational.
- most prolific season as an LSU Tiger while setting four personal records during his senior season
- lifetime PRs of 6.68 in the 60 meters, 10.23 in the 100 meters, 20.67 in the outdoor 200 meters and 20.96 in the indoor 200 meters
- Finished the season ranked No. 7 indoors on LSU's all-time performance list in the 200 meters
- Competed in the 200-meter dash at the NCAA Indoor Championships for the first time in his career
- Earned his third career All-America honor as a member of LSU's 4x100-meter relay team during the 2011 outdoor season as he anchored the Tigers to a fourth-place finish at the 2011 NCAA Division
- SEC Male Runner of the Week following his performance at the Penn relays
- Represented Zimbabwe at the IAAF World Championships for the first time in his career while running both the 100 meters and 200 meters in Daegu, South Korea.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-10-16T00:30:37Z
- [ww.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1375096w/Gabriel Mvumvure Bio], , Published:10/13/2011 , Retrieved: 1 Aug May 2016