Ground Floor, MIPF House 5 Central Avenue Harare
|Founded||January 1, 2011 in South Africa|
|Headquarters||Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe|
|George Manyere (Group Non–Executive Director), Dave van Niekerk (Group Co-CEO), Johan Jonck (Group Co-CEO)|
|Parent||GetBucks South Africa|
Footnotes / references
GetBucks Financial Services Zimbabwe Limited provides salary-backed short-term consumer loans and operates from fifteen (15) branches located throughout Zimbabwe. The company is 55% owned by GetBucks Limited, a South African-based credit provider to consumers in Malawi, Botswana, Kenya, Zambia, South Africa, Poland, and Zimbabwe. The other 45% is owned by Brainworks Capital, a Mauritius-registered, investment holding, consulting and advisory company, focused on Zimbabwe and select markets in Sub-Saharan-Africa.
The Company has built a diversified portfolio of assets in the Financial Services, Hospitality, Real Estate and Energy Logistics sectors in Zimbabwe.
The company's key customers are Zimbabwe's civil servants mostly teachers, solders and the police.
Growth and Deposit Taking
As of September 2013, GetBucks Zimbabwe had grown its loan book to over USD 8 million with over 14,000 customers since it began operating in 2012. On 16 July 2015, the company was granted approval by the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe to convert its licence to a deposit taking microbank. GetBucks was given up to 6 months to commence deposit taking activities.
The company's stated vision is:
- It’s Google meets Facebook meets banking
- Financial inclusion through technology
- To become a virtual bank providing financially inclusive products
- To become a globally recognised brand
- To be the leaders in innovation in the fintech industry
Today's Top Pindula News2018-09-25T08:20:41Z
- 8 ways the GetBucks Zimbabwe IPO can connect with investors in a collapsing Zimbabwe economy AfricanSENS, Published:23 October 2015, Retrieved 3 November 2015