Godfrey Tsenengamu is a Zimbabwean politician. He was the chairperson for Mashonaland Central Province Zanu-PF youth league. Tsenengamu was also the national coordinator of the "Save Zanu-PF Campaign".
He was the chairperson for the Zanu-PF Youth League in Mashonaland Central Province. On 24 January 2015 Tsenengamu lost the party's primary elections to replace Joice Mujuru as the party's representative in Mt Darwin. The elections were presided over by the ZANU-PF Mashonaland West provincial executive. In the primary elections, Tsenengamu contested against Keneddy Banda, Caleb Karima and Seremwe who won the election. Seremwe was then set to contest in the by election which was scheduled to take place on 27 March 2015. The results were as follows;
- Barnwell Seremwe:4 625 votes
- Godfrey Tsenengamu: 3 653 votes
- Caleb Karima: 2640 votes.
However, there were claims from some circles that the elections were marred by some irregularities. These included the unavailability of the voters role as well as indelible ink to make sure that there no multiple votes.
He lost to Barnwell Seremwe who was elected into parliament
It was alleged that Tsenengamu convened a public meeting at the Zimbabwe Media Centre without notfying the police.
Suspension & Expulsion
In October 2015, Tsenengamu and two others, Paul Rwodzi, and Batsirai Musani, were expelled following a no-confidence vote.Tsenengamu was suspended alongside Godwin Gomwe and Vengai Musengi on allegations of publicly insulting Grace Mugabe and other top leaders. However, Tsenengamu and Musengi accused the party leadership of being selective in its application of the law, saying Hurungwe East and Women’s League finance secretary Sarah Mahoka should also be disciplined for publicly dressing down Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa,
In this case, the application of the party constitution is not even. This is unfair. We respect the President’s wife as youths, but respect is reciprocal. It is not one way and when she is not respecting her seniors, then what do we learn?Unless the President reins in his wife to stop verbally insulting seniors in the party, juniors will follow suit.
Support For MnangagwaHe denied his support for Mnangagwa although he was allegedly pointed as a member of the Lacoste Faction in the Zanu-PF Factionalism war. Tsenengamu said,
I want to make it clear that no form of suppression will silence us. It’s not true that we are fighting for VP Mnangagwa. We are fighting for our future. When these leaders were youngsters themselves, they were fighting for their future like what we are doing ourselves. However after his ouster he called for members of the G40 Faction to resign or face being shamed,
To these factionalists and trouble causers we say resign honourably and give the party a chance to survive or we shall name, shame and force you to resign soon. Stop playing the victim when you are the offenders
In January 2016, Tsenengamu was chased away from the funeral of David Mafios' wife. Mafios is brother to Saviour Kasukuwere who is allegedly a member of the G40 Faction. Tsenengamu was allegedly threatened and ordered to leave the funeral which he did in the company of senior police officers who were at the funeral.
Save Zanu-PF Campaign
After Tsenengamu and others were suspended, he teamed up with Gomwe and Musengi, and formed an organisation, Save Zanu PF Campaign, which they used to further attack Grace Mugabe, particularly after her Chiweshe rally, where she accused Vice-President Emmerson Mnangagwa of causing divisions in the party. The three have appeared in public several times castigating Grace, who is allegedly linked to the G40 faction in Zanu PF, which is reportedly fighting to block Mnangagwa from succeeding Mugabe.
Joining Temba Mliswa
Tsenengamu, Gomwe and Musengi joined forces with former Zanu-PF provincial chair for Mashonaland West Province, Temba Mliswa's YARD.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-07-19T19:30:05Z
- , Seremwe wins Zanu PF primaries,ZBC, published:26 Jan 2015,retrieved:27 Jan 2015"
- , Election results,Election Resource Centre Zimbabwe, published:27 Jan 2015,retrieved:27 Jan 2015"
- , Irregularities mar primaries to replace Mujuru,NewsDay, published:27 Jan 2015,retrieved:27 Jan 2015"
- Zanu PF chairmen resign en masse, NewsDay, published: October 14, 2015, retrieved: August 4, 2016
- Obey Manayiti, Zanu PF youths dare Mugabe, NewsDay, published: February 29, 2016, retrieved: August 4, 2016
- Youths to G40: resign or we name, shame, The Zimbabwean, published: April 22, 2016, retrieved: August 4, 2016
- Mnangagwa ally humiliated at a party funeral, Daily News, published: January 7, 2016, retrieved: August 4, 2016
- Everson Mushava, ‘Anti-Grace’ pair face Zanu PF boot, NewsDay, published: March 3, 2016, retrieved: August 4, 2016
- Ousted Zanu PF youths join Mliswa YARD, The Zimbabwean, published: March 27, 2016, retrieved: August 4, 2016