James Maridadi is a Zimbabwean politician currently serving under the MDC-T party. He was elected into parliament in July 2013 to represent Mabvuku Constituency. He is a former radio disc jockey and was regarded as one of the best in his day.
Image Via: Parliament of Zimbabwe
January 11, 1967
|Known for||Being a Member of Parliament|
|Children||Tariro Sandra Maridadi, Shamiso Brenda Maridadi, Munyaradzi Maridadi and James Jnr Maridadi|
|Parent(s)||Mapira Maridadi and Esnath Maridadi|
James Maridadi was born on 1 November 1967 in a family of six. He is married to Sarah Lifa and they have four children; Tariro Sandra Maridadi, Shamiso Brenda Maridadi, Munyaradzi Maridadi and James Jnr Maridadi. He was born to Mapira Maridadi and Esnath Maradadi.
James Maridadi attended Mabvuku Secondary School for his O level Education then attended Churchill Boys High for his A level studies. He has a PhD in Public Management candidate with Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Diploma in Public Relations (1990) - Zimbabwe Institute of PR Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication(1992) - Christian College of Southern Africa
- Higher Diploma Business Studies (2002) Zimbabwe Institute of Management
- Certificate in Finance (2007) - University of Zimbabwe
- Post Grad Diploma Business Administration (2009) - Nottingham Trent University UK
- MBA Corporate Strategy(2011) - Nottingham Trent University UK MSc Leadership & Change Mgt (March2013) - Leeds Metropolitan University UK.
- Certificate - Radio Presenters Course (1995) - British Broadcasting
- Certificate - Radio Presenters Course (1995) - British Broadcasting Corporation
- Certificate - Senior TV Producers' Course (1996) - Deutsche Welle (Germany)
- Certificate - Mgt Dev for Senior Radio/TV Presenters(1998) - Commonwealth Broadcasting Association
- Certificate - Management Development (2003)- Zimbabwe Institute of Management
- Certificate - Executive Development (2008) - University of Zimbabwe.
James Maridadi is famously known for his stint on as a radio presenter/producer from 1992 to 2000 on Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation's then Radio 3, now Power FM where he was known as 'J-Touch'. He also presented Coke on the Beat with Patricia Mabviko. From 2000 to 2004 he was Senior Manager for Corporate Communication & Investor Relations at Trust Bank. He later worked for the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority Holdings from 2004 to 2009 as General Manager.
He joined the Movement for Democratic Change MDC-T at its formation in 1999. After opting for voluntary retrenchment at Zimbabwe Electricity Supply Authority Holdings, he joined the then Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai's Office from 2009 to 2011, where he served as Chief Spokesperson and Deputy Director of Information.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-09-24T11:16:32Z
- James Maridadi, Parliament of Zimbabwe, Published: Date Not Given, Retrieved: July 13, 2015
- James Maridadi disowns father who neglected him, "Zimbabwe News Nertwork", Published: August 22, 2010, Retrieved: July 13, 2015
- Maridadi: From radio DJ to legislator, "Standard", Published: November 24, 2013, Retrieved: July 13, 2015 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Standard" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Standard" defined multiple times with different content