Joana Mamombe is a Zimbawean politician, former student leader and a member of MDC Alliance . She is the current memmber of parliament for Harare West.
|Born||Joana Ruvimbo Mamombe|
Background and Education
Mamombe went to Monte Cassino Girls High School where she finished her high school in 2011. She was the Gender officer for the Zimbabwe National Students Union (ZINASU) from 16 November 2013 to December 2015.
Mambombe studied for a BSc in Biotechnology from Chinhoyi University of Technology. Mamombe attained a Masters degree in Molecular Biology at the University of Bergen in Norway from Aug 2016 to Aug 2018.
2018 MDC-T Primary Elections
In 2018, Mamombe joined the race to represent MDC-T in the Harmonised Elections of 2018. She faced incumbent MP Jessie Majome in the primaries for Harare West constituency. In early May 2018, Majome announced that she was pulling out of the primaries as there were some irregularities. Some reports suggested that Majome had quit because party leader Nelson Chamisa wanted to impose Joana Mamombe in Harare West. Majome said that she felt the rules were being bent to accommodate Mamombe:
There is a qualification in terms of the criteria set by the party, only people who have been members of the party for five years can contest. To the best of my knowledge, my major opponent does not meet this criteria. The second is the issue of bending rules in order to accommodate her (Joana Mamombe)... We also have a problem with clear dishonesty by my opponent. My contestant does not reside in Harare West, but I have been made to understand that she used an address where she does not live, in the process deceiving the party.
- Mamombe was the National Coordinator for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Youth Alumni.
- In May 2018, she dismissed rumours that she was the girlfriend of MDC-T leader, Nelson Chamisa.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-02-20T12:48:52Z
- Jessie Majome blow for MDC Alliance, The Herald, Published: 12 May 2018, Retrieved: 22 May 2018
- I was pushed out: Majome., NewsDay, Published: 14 May 2018, Retrieved: 22 May 2018
- I’m Not Chamisa’s Lover Says Majome’s Rival Joana Mamombe Pindula News, Published: 22 May 2018, Retrieved: 22 May 2018