LafargeHolcim is the leading global construction materials and solutions company serving masons, builders, architects and engineers all over the world. The company is listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange.
|Industry||Building and Associated Industries|
Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe, formerly Circle Cement, is a subsidiary of the Lafarge Group. The LafargeHolcim Group is a world leader in cement and other building materials.
Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe is known for its contribution to the construction industry over the years. The Kariba dam, the Kabora Bassa dam, major bridges in the country and almost all high rise buildings in Harare are connected to Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe as the main supplier of cement. Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe has a rich history that is forever interwoven with some of the greatest construction projects and buildings in Harare. The roots of the company were established in 1956 under the name "Salisbury Portland Cement" which was owned by Associated Portland and Cement Manufacturers Association of the United Kingdom. It was registered on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in 1980 and changed its name to Circle Cement Limited in 1982 in line with the change of holding company name to Blue Circle Industries Plc.
Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe has adopted the high standards of the Lafarge Group in all aspects of its operations, including rigorous safety standards, commitment to excellence in all aspects of its operations, innovative approach to its core business and a sense of social responsibility towards all stakeholders, especially the communities close to its operations.
To be the leading producer of cement and allied products by being:
- The supplier of choice
- The employer of choice
- A leader in sustainable development and social responsibility
Developing Sustainable Building Solutions in Zimbabwe to create value for Stakeholders.
- Health and Safety - committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment for our stakeholders.
- Sustainable Development - We acknowledge and accept our responsibility to our communities and to the preservation of the environment and natural resources. committed to reducing fugitive dust emissions
- Making our people successful - strives to satisfy the aspirations of our employees through being fair and consistent, offering opportunities for development and rewarding on merit.
- Quality - committed to satisfying our customer needs and value expectations by maintaining the highest standards of quality and service
Principles of Action
The Lafarge Principles of Action inspire the behaviour of Lafarge employees around the world. Their basis:
- Undisputed leadership in building materials
- Upholding commitments to all stakeholders
The Lafarge Way
The Lafarge Way is built on three pillars:
- Making employees successful
- Continuous performance improvement
- A multilocal organization
LafargeHolcim is well-placed to make a difference. With leading positions in all regions, The company employs around 80,000 people and have a strong asset base in more than 80 countries. The company offers its clients the most innovative cement, concrete and aggregates solutions, and is committed to health & safety and sustainability.
Lafarge products are produced to meet the dynamic needs of all its customers. Its broad products range is suitable for industrial players, Individual Home Builders concrete product manufacturers and any other cement users. The company's long-standing local and international experience has gained it the expertise to produce and supply quality cement and other building material to satisfy the needs of all its customers.
- Portland Cement 32.5R
- Masonry Cement MC22.5X.
- SupaSet 42,5R