Mataure's Music Career
In 1997, Mataure was part of the popular musical group The Storm which was led by the late Andy Brown. In this group, Mataure rubbed shoulders with some of the great musicians such as the late Chiwoniso Maraire and Adam Chisvo.
Mataure joined Oliver Tuku Mtukudzi's Black Spirits in 2007. He initially worked as a drummer. In December 2009, Mataure was sacked by Oliver Mtukudzi as a drummer during a massive reshuffle and landed the post of temporary manager for the Black Spirits band. He was subsequently promote to the position of manager of the band from 2009 to date. During his period as manager, he has organised a number of events as the manager of an internationally acclaimed musical band.
Roles as Manager at Tuku Music
One of the major successes of Mataure as a manager was in the organisation of the Mtukudzi Tribute concert in September 2013. Furthermore, Mataure was also the man behind the successful hosting of Oliver Mtukudzi's 60th birthday which was hosted at Glamis Arena in Harare. The event international artists such as Zahara from South Africa sharing the stage with Oliver Mtukudzi. The event attracted well over 10 000 fans who thronged the venue to celebrate the expoloits of Tuku as he is affectionately known by his fans.
The Greatest Hits concert held in April 2014 at the Harare International Conference Centre was also organised under the leadership of Sam Mataure as manager.
Besides working working with Oliver Mtukudzi for the better part of his career in music, Mataure collaborated with other local and international artists due to his rare talent especially on the drums. He at one point in time played the drums for Victor Kunonga and his Alliance Francaise band.He also worked with the late Andy Brown's The Storm musical group before starting his long career with the Black Spirits.
Works with Other Artists
- 2011 Acoustic Africa in Concert- Oliver Mtukudzi- Percusion\Management
- 2008 Rebel Woman- Chiwoniso Maraire- Drums
- 2006 World Traveler - Louis Mhlanga - Drums
- 2005 Zabalaza - Thandiswa Mazwai - Drums
- 2004 Qhubeka- Mahube- Drums
- 2003 Greatest Hits - Oliver Mtukudzi - Booking, Drums
- 2003 United We Stand- Musik Ye Afrika- Drums, Percussion
- 2002 Bvuma/Tolerance- Oliver Mtukudzi- Drums
- 2002 Down South in Africa- Steve Dyer- Drums
- 2002 Shanda- Oliver Mtukudzi- Drums,
- 2002 Vhunze Moto- Oliver Mtukudzi- Drums
- 2001 Neria- Oliver Mtukudzi- Drums
- 2000 Ancient Voices- Chiwoniso Maraire- Drums
- 2000 Paivepo - Oliver Mtukudzi- Drums 
Today's Top Pindula News2018-12-15T02:39:08Z
- , The Storm, "Pindula",retrived:23 Jun 2014"
- ,Mtukudzi drops manager, six band members, "newzimbabwe.com", published:11 Dec 2009,retrived: 23 Jun 2009"
- , 10 000 attended Tuku 60th birthday gig, "The Zim Diaspora", published:23 Sep 2012,retrived:23 Jun 2014"
- R Mandizvidza, 25 April 2014 Tuku ‘Greatest Hits Concert’ on tonight, "The Herald", published:26 April 2014,retrived:23 Jun 2014"
- , Sam Mataure, "AllMusic",retrived:23 Jun 2014"