Tapiwanashe Majaya Matangaidze is a Zimbabwean politician and a former member of Zimbabwe African National Union-Patriotic Front. He is also the former member of parliament for Shurugwi South and former Deputy Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
|Born||Tapiwanashe Majaya Matangaidze|
|Employer||Government of Zimbabwe|
He was expelled from parliament in terms of Section 129 (1) (k) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe after ZANU-PF informed the National Assembly that they he was no longer a member of the party. 
Matangaidze was elected the Member of Parliament for Shurugwi South in 2013. He was appointed the Deputy Minister of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare in September 2015. At one time he was the chairperson of the Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League. Hie term ended in November 2017 when President Emmerson Mnangagwa appointed a new cabinet.List Of President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s Cabinet Ministers
Threatening ReporterIn October 2014 there were reports that Matangaidze had threatened a reporter who contacted him for a comment concerning allegations that he had deserted his constituency. Matangaidze allegedly became emotional and delivered a harsh response and threats towards the reporter. He is reported to have said,
“Young man, I think you have an agenda with me, someone somewhere is using you. Please don’t be reckless when dealing with politicians you may find yourself in hot soup. I urge you to continue writing about me at your own peril,”
Matangaidze had sued a local paper, Sunday News with a $1,5 million defamation lawsuit in May 2014 for a story that he described as false, malicious and extremely defamatory.
Bar Brawl Over A Lady
There were reports in May 2014 that Matangaidze had been involved in a fight over a Midlands State University sex worker. Matangaidze denied the reports and said that the woman he was with at the time of the incident was his cousin and not his girlfriend. He mentioned that he had been involved in a fight after one of the revellers had fondled her rear. When Matangaidze was escaping from the scene of commotion he hit a man by the name Blessed Mapundu. Matangaidze gave his own version of events that were different to what Mapundu said.
Today's Top Pindula News2019-02-23T06:59:38Z
- , Zanu-PF Expels 11 More MPs From Parliament, Published: 19 January 2018, Retrieved: 19 January 2018
- Farirai Machivenyika, Cabinet reshuffled, Herald, Published:September 12, 2015, Retrieved: September 14, 2015
- Farirai Machivenyika, Matangaidze slams Zifa's crazy election fees, Herald, Published: December 4, 2014, Retrieved: September 14, 2015
- MP Tapiwanashe Matangaidze Threatens Reporter, Zim Eye, Published: October 8, 2014, Retrieved: September 14, 2015
- Charles Laiton, Zanu PF MP sues Zimpapers for $1,5m, NewsDay, Published: May 8, 2014, Retrieved: September 14, 2015
- Prostitute Brawl MP Speaks Out, Zim Eye, Published: May 10, 2014, Retrieved: September 14, 2015