Jackie Mgido is a Zimbabwean born makeup artist and hairstylist based in the United States of America. Mgido is also the co-founder and owner of Vault Cosmetics and Vault Academy Makeup School in Harare which she launched with her husband. She has done makeup for some of Hollywood’s top celebrities such as Ne-Yo, Snoop Lion formerly Snoop Dogg, Denzel Washington, Sylvester Stallone, Wiz Khalifa, Gayle King, John Legend and LL Cool J.
November 10, 1973
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Known for||Being a celebrity makeup artist and hairstylist.|
Jackie Mgido was born Jackie Manyachuka, in Harare on November 10 1973. She has six sisters and two brothers.She is married to Khetani Mgido and together they have one daughter, Munya Mgido. She moved to the United States in 1995.
Mgido attended primary school in Bulawayo and secondary at Evelyn High School.
After arriving in the United States, Mgido started working for a cosmetic company. It was her husband’s idea to move to California, where she attended Hollywood Make Up Designery and did a master’s programme in beauty and special effects. Mgido got her first job working for free for Orlando Jones who was her first celebrity client. She was then introduced to Snoop Dogg and they did a movie together with Wiz Khalifa called Mac and Devin Go to High School. She has done makeup for Jane Lynch from Glee when she hosted the Emmy Awards. She has done makeup for Jamie Foxx, Lil Jon, John Legend and Sylvester Stallone. At one time, Mgido worked as a maid.
Films that she has done makeup for
- Bill Cosby: Far From Finished 2013 - 2014 (TV Show)-Hair & Makeup
- The Real Skinny 2011 - 2012 (TV Show)-Makeup Artist
- Loni Love: America's Sister 2009 - 2010 (TV Show)-Makeup
- Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew: Reunion 2007 - 2008 (TV Show)-Makeup
Launching Vault Cosmetics
On September 14, Mgido launched the Vault Cosmetics, range of beauty products at the Borrowdale Brooke Golf Club.On January 31 2015, Mgido launched cosmetic products Vault at clothing store Truworths in Bulawayo. Former Big Brother Africa: The Chase housemate Dillish Matthews from Namibia was the guest of honour. Dillish Matthews has her line of lipstick and lip gloss in the Vault cosmetics range.
Critical Acclaim for Vault CosmeticsIn March 2016, Canadian media Huffington Post Style, Editor's pick, chose Vault Lipstain. Monika Markovinovic, wrote,
"I can confidently say I have found my new go-to lipstick. Well, it's actually not a lipstick, it's a lipstain. And it hails from Africa. From an array of different coloured lipstains, I chose a burgundy, brownish-red colour called Harare. But I didn't apply it right away. Instead, I watched other editors in the office swipe their chosen colours across their pouts and shriek in delight at the results. The colours were vibrant and bold, all the things you would want in a lip product."Mgido also featured in an edition of Forbes Woman Africa.
Mgido won the Dynamic Start-up Business Award at the 2015 edition of the African Women Awards.
- Mgido sponsored the shooting of CAL VIN's Z'khupani video.
Today's Top Pindula News2018-06-19T14:40:56Z
- Real Talk! Authentic African Woman: Conversation Between Sisters, On Becoming Barbara, and Writing, published:October 19, 2014, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- FYI: Jackie Mgido (Celebrity Make-up & Hair Stylist), Zimvogue, published: May 14, 2012, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Nonhlahla Sibanda, Mgido will change face of Africa, Southern Eye, published: January 16, 2015, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Celebrity Makeup and Hair Stylist Jackie Mgido, Okay Africa, published: October 20, 2011, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Zimbabwean makes it in Hollywood, Daily News, published: September 24, 2012, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: JACKIE MGIDO LAUNCHES VAULT COSMETICS IN BULAWAYO, makhondlovu.com, published: January 30, 2015, retrieved: June 2016
- Jackie Mgido, Hollywood.com, published: No Date Given, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Zimbabwean Make-Up Artist Jackie Mgido Launches the Vault Cosmetics Line, Atlanta Black Star, published: September 8, 2014, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Monika Markovinovic, Editor's Pick: Vault Cosmetics Lip Stain, Huffington Post Style Canada, published: March 30, 2016, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- Tafadzwa Zimoyo, Mgido continues making history, Herald, published: April 16, 2016, retrieved: June 28, 2016
- 2015 African Women Awards Full List, Youth Village, published: November, 2015, retrieved: June 28, 2016